Onboard tips on charge account?

susiesan

Does Star Clipper give you the option of adding the onboard tips to your account? I'd prefer to charge them than to bring cash, especially since the currency on the ship is euros and we will only have dollars and baht. If you can't charge the tips, will they accept dollars for tips?

Hi Susiesan!

Yes, you can charge your tips...we also gave our Steward some cash on top of the recommended amount. The Pursers office was able to exchange most major currencies onboard the Star Flyer & the exchange rate for XPF's was better than most places ashore.

When are you going to Thailand? We are thinking of doing that in early 2010, but was waiting to see what how the political situation shakes out there before reserving. Please keep us posted!

Mike

Mike:

We sail Nov. 22, 2008.I am so excited. I've been to Thailand twice before but not to this part of the country. This will be our first Star Clipper cruise, although we've been on 35-+ cruises all over the world. After the cruise we re flying to Cambodia, 2 days Phnom Penh, 5 days Siem Riep with private guides/drivers.

Archived