Car Rental - Port Pick Up/Drop Off

bradburleson

Hi all! Will be arriving to port in May. Does anyone know if any car rental agencies have a "port pick up" option or if any of the rental agencies deliver the cars to the port? Any past experience with a car rental agency in port is appreciated, too!

• 3 weeks later...

There was a booth at the pier but it looked like it wasn't used very often.

We used Voyager and they were great. Just google them. They were waiting for us at the pier and they were there when we got back. I would highly recommend them.

We had a blast driving around the island. It's nice to stop and go as you wish.

• 1 month later...

We have reserved with Voyager car rental. They are going to meet us at the port facility and take us to their office just around the corner.

They have sent me the paperwork already so all I have to do is check the car over and go.

Michael.....

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all! Will be arriving to port in May. Does anyone know if any car rental agencies have a "port pick up" option or if any of the rental agencies deliver the cars to the port? Any past experience with a car rental agency in port is appreciated, too!

My wife and I rented a car on our trip to Barbados in January. We went to Welchman Hall Gully and Harrison's Cave. We used Courtesy which as a previous poster stated is right at the cruise terminal. We didn't have a reservation and decided to rent a car as we got off the boat. We paid $120 for the car, gas, insurance (does not include the tires), and temporary driving permit. We had no problems at all with the rental. The agent was super nice and gave us directions to the "highway". If you decide to rent a car, I'd recommend having a copilot who can read a map and give directions. Most of the roads in Barbados are the size of back roads in the US or smaller. They are poorly labeled and it is very easy to get lost. With that said I would definitely rent again if we returned to the island. I don't know that I'd feel comfortable renting from a location that required pick up and drop off at the terminal. I wouldn't be comfortable relying on someone else to bring me back to the terminal in time.

• 2 months later...

Just back from our rental with Voyager. Everything went well.

We met the rep at the rotunda just outside the gates. He had a van there and took us up the street to their office. Did the paperwork and had to walk down the street where they kept the cars.

Returned the car and parked behind the building where their offices are. There's a parking lot but it's access is controlled. We just parked in the drive behind the building and went inside to get the Voyager reps.

Car ckd out ok and they gave us a ride back down the street to the port.

$93 for the day and we took all the insurance they offered.

Will rent with them again.

Michael........