Formal attire

Stitchman

I am sure some like to "make an effort" by taking a bunch of extra clothes, accessories, shoes, etc and then spending time getting dolled up, but there are plenty of people that want to relax on vacation (I am one of them), and don't care about what others think of my outfit.

I am glad it is a little more relaxed on standard lines (not the high end cruises), and that people have the option. On our cruise last month, you would not probably have felt overdressed, because there was quite a gamut of people. I was in a shirt/tie (coat one of the days), some were in a polo, while others were in a full penquin suit with a top hat and cane.

This give people the option to do what makes their vacation special to them. On our next cruise (spring break with our kids), we will probably not even take dress up clothes and maybe do the windjammer for dinner on formal nights.

Fair enough dude [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I love to dress for dinner. I wear a gown for both formal nights. I wish Royal would at least keep a few ships formal. And not ones that are too far from me[emoji6]. My husband does not have a tux but does enjoy dressing up. He wears nice tailored suits to dinner. When we have our daughters with us they wear gowns on formal night and cocktail dresses on non formal nights. We all enjoy it! And i love seeing my husband in a suit. As far as packing I don't wear a cinderella type gown, no giant puffs. So they take up no more room in my luggage than a pair of pants and shirt would. I wear heels every night and jewelry so thats nothing extra there either.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Sounds like a beautiful looking family ........

My girlfriend wears heels all the time. She loves the whole formal thing [emoji3]

I am a SAHM, I love dressing up on the ship! It's my only chance all year to wear a fancy dress and get all fancied up.

Stitchman your comment cracked me up but I think it needs subtitles for the non-English!

Stay at home mum ..... Good one [emoji3]

Well you just keep dressing up and looking fabulous Jen [emoji3]

My daughter and I still love to dress up for elegant evenings on the ship. We don't get to do it at home, so we look at it as something special for us. We are cruising in April together. Tomorrow is our shopping to trip to find that special outfit. On the second night I usually wear dress pants , heels and some kind of dressy sparkly top.

It makes it that much more of a great experience for us.

I really care what others wear. They are paying their good money for their vacation just as I am, and should be able to do as they please. Doesn't affect my experience at all. But I do enjoy also seeing others in their dressy best!!!

My daughter and I still love to dress up for elegant evenings on the ship. We don't get to do it at home, so we look at it as something special for us. We are cruising in April together. Tomorrow is our shopping to trip to find that special outfit. On the second night I usually wear dress pants , heels and some kind of dressy sparkly top.

It makes it that much more of a great experience for us.

I really care what others wear. They are paying their good money for their vacation just as I am, and should be able to do as they please. Doesn't affect my experience at all. But I do enjoy also seeing others in their dressy best!!!

That's lovely to hear, it's lovely to dress up X

• 4 weeks later...
Agreed. That's what puts me off really. I personally think it's damn rude turning up to dinner in shorts and a baseball cap. It's just a bit rude really. Even on NCL you can't go in the main dining room in shorts.

Oh but you can wear shorts... And as long as the host permits in (now Royal does) then people are within the guidelines. I agree with you about caps, but have worn shorts to dinner since the first day Carnival allowed it.

• 3 weeks later...