Handicapped debarkation

lorenzod

Last time we sailed the NCL Sun we remembered the long wait we had going thru customs. Me in a wheelchair and my poor husband who has bad knees. Unlike other ships the NCL Sun does not have a separate line for handicapped cruisers. Has this changed? We are sailing in November.

lorenzod

Try to get a porter. They sometimes have a separate line

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually do that and it works but not on NCL Sun. That was in 2013. Has it changed sine then? I felt badly for te porter he had to wait with us.

Last time we sailed the NCL Sun we remembered the long wait we had going thru customs. Me in a wheelchair and my poor husband who has bad knees. Unlike other ships the NCL Sun does not have a separate line for handicapped cruisers. Has this changed? We are sailing in November.

lorenzod

You may also want to ask this on the dedicated NCL forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=107.

lorenzod

You will get better answers if you post this on the NCL board.

Who controls the porters in the customs area as to having a handicapped line like other ships have?

The port terminal staff controls the line. When it is roped, the porters talk to the staff who pulls up the rope so my wheelchair can pass.

The port terminal staff controls the line. When it is roped, the porters talk to the staff who pulls up the rope so my wheelchair can pass.

But did you have to wait in the same line as people without wheelchairs? Our porter said they were not allowed to jump the line. My husband had to stand for so long on his bad knees. Not like other ships who take ships handicapped passengers thru a separate line. This happened in 2013.

But did you have to wait in the same line as people without wheelchairs? Our porter said they were not allowed to jump the line. My husband had to stand for so long on his bad knees. Not like other ships who take ships handicapped passengers thru a separate line. This happened in 2013.

In line with mobility impaired (wheelchair, cane, rollator) ahead of us.

You can also ask others' experience on the Disabled Cruise Travel Forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

lorenzod

What ship had a dedicated line for handicapped in CUSTOMS? That is a port's decision, not a ship's.

We have seen a crew member taking a passenger in a wheel chair off the ship. Ask for this before hand at guest services.. Once someone from guest services met us on the ship as we waited to get off. (my husband needed the wheel chair because of a bad knee.).Usually anyone in a wheel chair does not have to wait and are taking around the lines to the beginning of lines or is in the 1st group off.

Ask about this when you get on.