Port Canaveral - park at hotel or port?

MomTo2InVA

We'll be arriving the night before our cruise to Port Canaveral with our car and staying somewhere near the port. Some hotels offer the 40% off voucher for parking at the port, or they offer free parking at the hotel with a shuttle. Is it easier to park at the port then to try find the shuttle when you come off the cruise? Is one better than the other?

Is it easier to park at the port then to try find the shuttle when you come off the cruise?

Not having to wait for a shuttle certainly has its advantages. On the other hand I've walked out of the terminal directly to a waiting shuttle and was at my car 10 minutes later. It just depends . . .

some deals CAN save you 40% off port regular prices

and some other off site places (closer than many of the hotels) offer $7.95/day parking .... http://parkcruise.com/ .... with is cheaper yet and the shuttle experience I mention was this one.

I live near the port. For a short weekend cruise I park at the port cuz spousal unit usually plans to go straight to work (self employed). If we get back on the weekend, we use off-site

Edited by Capt_BJ

If you can park for free at the hotel you'll save $$ but spend time finding the shuttle and getting back to your car. If you park at the port you'll pay $$ more but can be on the road in minutes - valuable if you are driving all the way back to VA post cruise. ;)

I've always flown into cruises and taken taxi's but now i'm a FL resident driving to my first cruise next month and will be parking myself...

If I pay for the Port Parking linked from Carnival...are we able to just drive and quickly walk to where we need to be or do we need to take a shuttle? I'd prefer to not have to take a shuttle and be able to just walk on/off.