23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Mic...your review is posted! I read it and I was fasinated by the sights you saw on the trip.

I have to ask, though....what happened, that you had a sore ankle? :(

Pat :)

Cheers for that. I had a soccer injury just prior to the trip (two days) which was a bruise/lump on my right leg on the side of the shin just above my ankle. My leg was sore and I was walking okay after a few warm up steps but it was fine. Second day into the cruise, my ankle got very swollen as if I had sprained it, rosemary thinks I did it at the same time but perhaps I did it on the cruise, as all of a sudden I could not put any weight onto the leg without severe pain. I saw the doctors in medical, as I had also fainted from the pain (and also from dehydration) and was put on a drip for a few hours and then just kept off my leg as much as possible. The Doctor was not concerned about the leg at all. After a few sea days I was walking around for the excursions but it wasn't really healing so we skipped Puerto Madryn excursion (as we had already seen so many penguins) and I wanted to make sure the leg was much better for the tour part of our trip. Anyway, it healed mush better and was fine for the rest of the trip.:D

Wow! I am so sorry that you had to deal with that injury, Mic! Did you have to navigate with crutches for a couple of days? Glad to hear that you recovered from it fairly quickly. No fun to have to take care of that, while you are trying to enjoy a trip.

The weather is finally lightening up a bit here in IL, so Hubby and I are going to take a quick overnighter to the west side of the state to enjoy browsing the antique stores and shops in Galena. That will get me in a bit of walking, too!

Wow! You guys are still going here. Mind if I rejoin you. I came over here with the idea of joining a group with the aim of losing for next Fall. Had no idea you were still posting. I have been seriously on program for the last 4 weeks. I would like to get to goal by my Oct cruise. I don't think that is going to happen. I have lost almost 9 pounds, but half of that was the first week. I was hoping to lose 2 pounds a week. I am losing 1 to 1 1/2 pounds a week. I am trying to walk 1/2 hour a day to start. My Dr says the pound or so a week is good. But it will be slow. My weigh-in day is Monday.

I am so proud of you all for sticking with this. Mic, seeing you on the cruise, I didn't think you even need to lose weight. We saw quite a bit of Deanna and Jon on our Feb cruise, so that was fun. And Mic and Rosie chime in from time to time on the hulagan page, which seems to still be going. Sorry to hear about the injury. Hope you are recovering. Peggy

Wow! I am so sorry that you had to deal with that injury, Mic! Did you have to navigate with crutches for a couple of days? Glad to hear that you recovered from it fairly quickly. No fun to have to take care of that, while you are trying to enjoy a trip.

The weather is finally lightening up a bit here in IL, so Hubby and I are going to take a quick overnighter to the west side of the state to enjoy browsing the antique stores and shops in Galena. That will get me in a bit of walking, too!

No crutches required, a day or two in the cabin with the leg up (with quick trips for trivia and dinner). And then just really limiting the movement on the leg.

Have fun walking and window shopping.:D

Wow! You guys are still going here. Mind if I rejoin you. I came over here with the idea of joining a group with the aim of losing for next Fall. Had no idea you were still posting. I have been seriously on program for the last 4 weeks. I would like to get to goal by my Oct cruise. I don't think that is going to happen. I have lost almost 9 pounds, but half of that was the first week. I was hoping to lose 2 pounds a week. I am losing 1 to 1 1/2 pounds a week. I am trying to walk 1/2 hour a day to start. My Dr says the pound or so a week is good. But it will be slow. My weigh-in day is Monday.

I am so proud of you all for sticking with this. Mic, seeing you on the cruise, I didn't think you even need to lose weight. We saw quite a bit of Deanna and Jon on our Feb cruise, so that was fun. And Mic and Rosie chime in from time to time on the hulagan page, which seems to still be going. Sorry to hear about the injury. Hope you are recovering. Peggy

Welcome back Peggy. Glad you are keeping up with the weight loss, slow loss is a great way to maintain health without the body going into shock. The extra exercise will help as well. I wish you luck.

Needing to lose weight and wanting to are sometimes different things. In my case it is so I can indulge while on the cruise without worrying about guilt or being really overweight afterwards. Yeah, Ron, Bill, Mike and a few others seem to keep FB going strong, I just throw a line in here and there fo levity.:D

Welcome back, Peggy!

Yes, we're still here. We're not always happy with our ongoing results, but we keep trudging on. Slow loss is a good thing...you will usually be able to maintain that and and then progress from there. At least, that's what I keep telling myself...:rolleyes: Overall, I've only lost a total of 5 lbs in the last year, but bounce around somewhat depending on what trip I might be on or planning for. Would love to lose something more substantial before this upcoming cruise.

Have a good weekend everyone! Lovely Spring weather here at last. Enjoyed walking around the past two days. I suffered a bit afterwards, but I can handle it.

Thanks, Pat. I really gained a lot between our Hawaii cruise and my Feb cruise, what with Christmas and being in Florida for a couple of months. I have to learn how to manage that. Yes, slow losing is probably better. I am hoping I don't regain it on the Nov cruise, but it is 15 days. Then we will be in Florida for 3 1/2 months. But I am going to try to stabilize. Have a great weekend.

Pat, I just noticed that you are from Aurora, Ill. My son lives there. He actually lives on the border between Aurora and Napierville. We were there in Dec and going again next week for a few weeks. We met with some of the other Hawaii CCers for lunch and had a great time.

Pat, I just noticed that you are from Aurora, Ill. My son lives there. He actually lives on the border between Aurora and Napierville. We were there in Dec and going again next week for a few weeks. We met with some of the other Hawaii CCers for lunch and had a great time.

Sounds like a meet up should be organised.;)

I agree. Maybe Pat can encourage me to not break my program while there. Traveling is always my most difficult thing.

Hey, Peggy....I'm here for ya! Although I think I'm the one that needs some kind of motivation! I've bounced around the same couple of lbs for the last two months!! Same result today's weigh in. You'd think I'd be super pumped up with this big cruise coming up so soon.

I would love to get togther with you if it fits into your timeframe. My schedule is free right now, as I am off work until after I return from my cruise. I am in Naperville all the time, very close for me. Here is my email...let me know if you are able to squeeze in a meet up...

hut134@aol.com.

My weight has gone up 1 kg, Not happy as I know it is lack of exercise and that means there was No Soccer for the last two weeks. I need to kick a ball and chase it.:D

Careful, Mic...you're still healing! You'll be out there soon enough.

I was really feeling bad because I only lost 1/2 pound this week, so I feel better knowing you all are struggling too. I have stuck to my calorie count, but I'm wondering if I am getting too much in carbs. I will try cutting out the popcorn every night. This week will be hard because we will be traveling. And I'm not sure how I will weigh in. But if nothing else, I'll just weigh when I get home. Thanks for your e-mail, Pat. I will be in touch.

I was really feeling bad because I only lost 1/2 pound this week, so I feel better knowing you all are struggling too. I have stuck to my calorie count, but I'm wondering if I am getting too much in carbs. I will try cutting out the popcorn every night. This week will be hard because we will be traveling. And I'm not sure how I will weigh in. But if nothing else, I'll just weigh when I get home. Thanks for your e-mail, Pat. I will be in touch.

We will stay together through thick and thin (pun intended).:D

I'm baaaaack and up TWENTY pounds. I am giving myself 7 weeks to lose it, til the end of May. I know some of it is water weight too. Had a good trip, not great but good. Wouldn't do Panama Canal again, enjoy caribbean ports moreso, ports were kind of boring as was the cruise. We had $875 obc though so that was fun.

I'm baaaaack and up TWENTY pounds. I am giving myself 7 weeks to lose it, til the end of May. I know some of it is water weight too. Had a good trip, not great but good. Wouldn't do Panama Canal again, enjoy caribbean ports moreso, ports were kind of boring as was the cruise. We had $875 obc though so that was fun.

Welcome back and great that you have indulged somewhat. Glad it was a good trip, unfortunately we wre very spoiled on our cruise together so it makes the next cruises seem poorer for it. :D

Welcome back, Deanna. I gained about 20 pounds on the Century cruise. Oh well, that's why we are here.

OK...now you guys are scaring me. I hope I don't do that, but it all depends on how much swelling I have and how much walking I am able to handle.

Pat

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Down five pounds this morning, thank goodness for water weight. 15 to go now! then I'll try for another 10 and be happy for summer.

Well done, keep it going.

I have played two games of soccer this week now and have managed to drop that KG from the previous weeks. The leg is good again.:D