More Newbie questions

ON cruiser

Hello folks, my wife and I have made final payment for the Dec. 5/'17 Odyssey 12 day Caribbean cruise. We look forward to trying Seabourn, and to meeting those of you who may be on with us. A few more questions arise, and please bear with me--we are completely new to this line:

• it appears check-in is at 2PM. From some prior comments that I recall reading, there is no "embarkation lunch" served around noonish (as for example on HAL), or is there? If we really should not be at the port before 2-ish, and no lunch is served on embarkation day, we can grab a bite at the hotel before leaving.
  • from what I see from the Seabourn website, there is a "piano bar" of sorts, at the Observation deck? My wife in particular enjoys listening--and singing along (with others)--if this is a true piano bar. If it is the piano player singing with no "audience participation" expected, that is fine, we just want to know.
  • Re the referral coupon, as the cruise is not until Dec. 5, is it still too early to go onto that thread and request one?
  • Not to open a can of worms, but how dressy is it? While I would wear a tie and blazer or suit on formal night, if I can still fit my dinner jacket--it might be nice for the Caribbean.

Many thanks again for your input.

1. Yes, lunch is served in the Colonnade Rest on the deck. We usually get to the ship about 12:30 and eat at the Colonnade and there are already many guests there.

2. I have never heard any guests singing along in the Obs lounge. Joe and Megan were so good on our last cruise, I wanted to hear them, not anyone else singing. ;)

3. No, but it won't be applied until final payment.

4. Dress. Sounds like you will fit in nicely and not be out of place dressed in any of those options.

• 2 weeks later...