How Many Days?

karinad

This will be our first trip to New Orleans following a 10 day CCL on the Dream, post-cruise. We might never get back there, but dh just asked me "just what do you want to see there?" I honestly don't know, but I always wanted to see it. This cruise is in Oct. and we'll disembark on a Sunday (Oct. 25).

The reason I'm asking this now is that I just ran across a return fare from MSY to EWR for $113.pp. It sounds like a great price and I was going to try to use miles, but for a cheap flight, maybe not. We're looking at either 2-3 nights. We just really want to get a taste of it, not see everything imaginable.

We are in our late (VERY) 50's.

2-3 nights is enough time to see a lot in NOLA.

That week, you probably want to leave before Halloween, it can get a little crazy in the FQ.

Geez! I'm glad I asked! I didn't even think of Halloween! I think we'll look at 2 nights. We'll have almost a full day after getting off the ship on Sunday, then Monday and fly home of Tuesday. There's a 11:15a.m. flight from NOLA on Southwest for $105.pp. I don't think we'd get much cheaper!

Thanks!

New Orleans is literally my favorite city of any cities I have visited so far. My best advice would be to rent a car for at least a day, and then drive out to see the plantations. My husband and I saw 3 and they are absolutely amazing. We toured Oak Alley, Laura, and one other that I can't recall off the top of my head. Oak Alley was the best. Although the Laura plantation had the best tour (the tour guide was a hoot). Anyway, have fun! I'll be back in October myself and can't wait. [emoji4]

Ohhhh...I read that wrong, lol. But yes, stay on board. Actually, I really wish I could do that Journey cruise too and make it a B2B. The itinerary looks amazing. But, I can't take that much time off work. Unless I win the lottery before then. [emoji6]

Edited by bakersdozen12

Ohhhh...I read that wrong, lol. But yes, stay on board. Actually, I really wish I could do that Journey cruise too and make it a B2B. The itinerary looks amazing. But, I can't take that much time off work. Unless I win the lottery before then. [emoji6]

I'll try not to wreck the ship for you or eat all the food!:D