Tropic Air or Maya Air

Darcy03231

We're looking to go over to Caye Caulker for the day. Thinking of taking the water taxi over and a flight back. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these companies?

If anyone has flown both ways, what time were you able to get off the ship and to the airport?

I'll let Wade The Gringo speak on the companies. He works for T.A. and has flown this many times.

I'm not sure what the flight schedules are for return to Belize, but remember the airport is 20-25 minutes out from the tender pier. The water taxi is a 5 minute walk. Other than that seems like a good option assuming the timing of return.

Thank you. We were going to take the water taxi both ways, but I read that it can be unreliable as it is sometimes used for ferrying passengers to and from the ship. We don't want to get over to Caye Caulker and then be stranded and have to make arrangements to get to the next port on our own!

You can always use the airlines as a back up.... They might be able to help you for any problems. The water taxis are very reliable unless there is a storm, then the ship wont stop here anyway. Also during September we have a few holidays so there is a lot of local traffic as well.

Both airlines have there schedules online and tripadvisor has started taking reviews for airlines as well.

You can always use the airlines as a back up.... They might be able to help you for any problems. The water taxis are very reliable unless there is a storm, then the ship wont stop here anyway. Also during September we have a few holidays so there is a lot of local traffic as well.

Both airlines have there schedules online and tripadvisor has started taking reviews for airlines as well.

Thank you. I guess we'll stick with our original plan and use the water taxi both ways, and keep the airline telephone number with us just in case.