Sticky Wishlist

NavyCruiser

Since all of us are on here are cruisers who's interested in Scuba Diving (& Snorkeling), I wished there's a Sticky with all the latest updates on current independent operators & prices at each port that our cruise are visiting vs the cruise ship's excursions.

For example, being from Houston, our family (2 adults & 2 adult children, all PADI cert) take numerous cruises out of Galveston to go Scuba Diving to Cozumel, Belize, Honduras, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, + others...

For our next cruise with Carnival prices for ship's 2 tank scuba dives are:

$85 Cozumel

$105 Honduras

$_?_ Belize

Those prices includes convenience of going with ship & all equipment included. So trying to compare to how much savings, convenience, & experience of going with indy operator after you add extra transportation from terminal to their dive shop, extra cost of equipment rental, etc...

If we can have updated info on other independent dive operators at each ports, so that we can make an informed decision to choose to either go with ship excursion or choose to go with indy operators.

Just a wishlist on one simple place for info, rather than go hunt for various operators at each port.

Thanks,

Edited by NavyCruiser

• 4 weeks later...

Would be an absolutely useful idea for those of us who like to cruise to our dives spots. And this would be an excellent spot to gather all the info.....but I can guarantee you it will never happen. For some reason the moderators are very restrictive on providing information . I still get more than a little irate over the whole no reviews idea when that is so prominent on other portions of their site.

But if you can get them to do it....it would be a great idea.

Could also post info on availability of dives....for example if Carnival ports at 10 am they may not be offering dives since most operators would have already headed out...but if they have a special agreement with the shop...they might still be offering dives....so people could indicate the availability of dives for unique port times.

Just so useful ideas

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

Not necessary, you can easily find that information through Google. Prices change, just do your research.

Right.

Google has everything, & my wife already knows everything.

So why even waste time to go to this cruise forum, this scuba thread to get any info about diving on my next cruise...?