NCL flight bookings

wichitastatecruiser

Hello,

I have booked some cruises pretty far out and went ahead and used the "cruise air" option for those two. Has anyone used NCL Cruise air? What are your experiences? Since I booked so far in advance would they price match if I find a specific booking that I like before final payment?

How far out? I assume a yr or more, so it's too far out to compare airline prices if you chose to fly on your own. Can you cancel NCL air now, and wait until you're within the time period where you could price air on your own to compare and then book NCL air if it is indeed, cheaper? We have never done air with NCL, but we have two trips planned within the next 6 mos. Both are TA's and we only need one way air. One with Cunard, one with Celebrity and in both instances, "their" air was approx 50% less then anything I could do on my own, and both are non-stops while the best I could have done on my own (even though the price was almost double) needed to be with connections.

How far out? I assume a yr or more, so it's too far out to compare airline prices if you chose to fly on your own. Can you cancel NCL air now, and wait until you're within the time period where you could price air on your own to compare and then book NCL air if it is indeed, cheaper? We have never done air with NCL, but we have two trips planned within the next 6 mos. Both are TA's and we only need one way air. One with Cunard, one with Celebrity and in both instances, "their" air was approx 50% less then anything I could do on my own, and both are non-stops while the best I could have done on my own (even though the price was almost double) needed to be with connections.

It's the POA on July 22nd 2015 and Escape Dec. 26th 2015. I'm figuring I keep the air and start price checking when airfare starts showing and then cancel if I see a flight. As of right now I don't have arrival the day before the cruise.

Did you ask them about that? The reason I ask is......we tentatively booked a cruise and I inquired about Choice air (this is with Celebrity). I wasn't sure about the cruise dates and had to confirm with my spouse. I was told the cruise deposit was 100% refundable up to time of final payment. When I asked about the air, if I also booked that that day, but tentatively, I was told, "no.....you would come under the airline's cancellation policy, which in this instance would be a $150 "penalty" and the balance a credit. I did not book it. Confirmed the cruise dates, it was a go, so I then called back to book the air. On the other side of the coin, I guess if you didn't have travel insurance and had to cancel the cruise (and their air) if you did it before final payment was do, you'd get your cruise deposit back, but you'd be subject to the specific airlines cancellation policy? Anyone else looking at this thread know about that? Particularly first hand experience and not speculation.

Did you ask them about that? The reason I ask is......we tentatively booked a cruise and I inquired about Choice air (this is with Celebrity). I wasn't sure about the cruise dates and had to confirm with my spouse. I was told the cruise deposit was 100% refundable up to time of final payment. When I asked about the air, if I also booked that that day, but tentatively, I was told, "no.....you would come under the airline's cancellation policy, which in this instance would be a $150 "penalty" and the balance a credit. I did not book it. Confirmed the cruise dates, it was a go, so I then called back to book the air. On the other side of the coin, I guess if you didn't have travel insurance and had to cancel the cruise (and their air) if you did it before final payment was do, you'd get your cruise deposit back, but you'd be subject to the specific airlines cancellation policy? Anyone else looking at this thread know about that? Particularly first hand experience and not speculation.

NCL policy is no cancellation fee as long as I cancel 75 days before the trip then the cancelation penalties start escalating depending on how far you cancel before the trip. I did not ask about JUST cancelling the air portion though I would assume that the cancellation fees would be applied to just that portion of my booking and everything else would remain the same.

I did not ask about JUST cancelling the air portion though I would assume that the cancellation fees would be applied to just that portion of my booking and everything else would remain the same.
Big and dangerous assumption to make. Especially since you are talking about a product that NCL does NOT control or operate. Easy to make a policy for cancellations when you are providing the product. When you bring in an outside party (the airline), not so simple.

I would walk back that assumption forthwith and instead believe that they are different until proven otherwise.