New Blog

BassettMom

I've been keeping a journal of my cruises since I first started cruising and this weekend decided to join the blogging world. I am so new to this and really have no idea what I'm doing other than copying and pasting my journals, but I guess that's a start.

I took a look at some of the blogs all of you have set up and all I can say is WOW! Then my next thought was wow--I sure have a lot to learn! I haven't even figured out how to upload pictures yet and I have a lot of customizing to do (as soon as I figure that out).

Here's a link to my blog, and I would welcome any feedback and guidance:

http://phoenix-voyager1.blogspot.com/

(And if anyone has easy instructions on how to post pictures, please let me know).

Your blog looks great! I use Blogspot too, and have found the easiest way for me to add pictures is to use Google's Picasa Web Album. I originally was going to use photobucket but adding the URL usually did not work. Since the pictures have to be uploaded to a photo sharing site anyway, Picasa was definitely the easiest way and saved me time and money (since I was writing my blog onboard with the ship's expensive Internet).

Here are directions....

Have the photos saved on the computer you will be using.

Go to picasaweb.google.com

Sign in (same sign in as for blogspot)

Hit the upload button and choose the pictures you want to use in your blog.

Once you have uploaded all the pictures you want, go to blogspot and the blog entry where you wish to put the pictures.

On the "Compose" or "Edit" page (if you are adding pictures to a previously published post) put your cursor where you want the picture(s) and then click the picture icon which is between "Link" and the clapperboard on the task bar.

A new smaller page will pop up that says "Select a file".

Choose "From Picasa Web Albums"

You will then see each of your albums and the date they were uploaded.

Click the album that has the pictures you wish to use.

Then individually click each picture you wish to add (a check mark and a blue box around the picture will appear)

When you have clicked on all the pictures you want, hit the blue "Add Selected" button at the bottom.

The smaller page will disappear and the photo(s) you selected will appear on the composing page.

When the entry is complete, click on "Publish" as usual.

Try this and see how it works for you. If you have any questions, just post and I will see if I can help.

Also, if you are using a tablet/iPad, I have a couple more tips which may be useful.

Edited by Scrapnana

Your blog looks great! I use Blogspot too, and have found the easiest way for me to add pictures is to use Google's Picasa Web Album. I originally was going to use photobucket but adding the URL usually did not work. Since the pictures have to be uploaded to a photo sharing site anyway, Picasa was definitely the easiest way and saved me time and money (since I was writing my blog onboard with the ship's expensive Internet).

Here are directions....

Have the photos saved on the computer you will be using.

Go to picasaweb.google.com

Sign in (same sign in as for blogspot)

Hit the upload button and choose the pictures you want to use in your blog.

Once you have uploaded all the pictures you want, go to blogspot and the blog entry where you wish to put the pictures.

On the "Compose" or "Edit" page (if you are adding pictures to a previously published post) put your cursor where you want the picture(s) and then click the picture icon which is between "Link" and the clapperboard on the task bar.

A new smaller page will pop up that says "Select a file".

Choose "From Picasa Web Albums"

You will then see each of your albums and the date they were uploaded.

Click the album that has the pictures you wish to use.

Then individually click each picture you wish to add (a check mark and a blue box around the picture will appear)

When you have clicked on all the pictures you want, hit the blue "Add Selected" button at the bottom.

The smaller page will disappear and the photo(s) you selected will appear on the composing page.

When the entry is complete, click on "Publish" as usual.

Try this and see how it works for you. If you have any questions, just post and I will see if I can help.

Also, if you are using a tablet/iPad, I have a couple more tips which may be useful.

Thank you for the instructions! Very much appreciated. I'll check it out this weekend when I fiddle with it some more.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk