New 2016-2017 Itinerary release date?

TOMomof4

There were rumors on line for a February release date that has passed. Part of 2016 has been released.

Per my travel agent, there are new policies expected to be announced in early March, and they speculated that in the past the remainder of dates were released a day or two after a policy change. So they are anticipating early March with no official info yet.

Most of the time, the release dates are about 18 months before the cruises.

What to expect? Dream and Fantasy are still under contract in Port Canaveral. They will likely continue schedules similar to the current ones. Excitement from Magic and Wonder? Who knows?

The Disney machine just increased theme park ticket prices. They did it early this year. I suspect they will want the news of that to die down a bit. Should take a few weeks.

Sometimes fun to speculate, but I'm guessing there won't be any earthshattering itinerary changes. What I am more interested in is when Disney will build a couple more ships.

Because I was curious, I looked up the new Panama Canal specifications. It looks like both the Dream and Fantasy could technically fit through the canal, but they appear to be too tall to fit under the Bridge of the Americas. Vessel height is listed at 217 feet for the Dream and the clearance under the bridge is listed as 201 feet.

I'm guessing that has been covered before, but I was speculating that Disney was waiting on confirmation of the opening date of the new locks before announcing the Itinerary, so they could put the Wonder into refurbishment and still keep the Alaska cruise schedule, perhaps using the Dream instead of the Magic.

Apparently not.

Because I was curious, I looked up the new Panama Canal specifications. It looks like both the Dream and Fantasy could technically fit through the canal, but they appear to be too tall to fit under the Bridge of the Americas. Vessel height is listed at 217 feet for the Dream and the clearance under the bridge is listed as 201 feet.

I'm guessing that has been covered before, but I was speculating that Disney was waiting on confirmation of the opening date of the new locks before announcing the Itinerary, so they could put the Wonder into refurbishment and still keep the Alaska cruise schedule, perhaps using the Dream instead of the Magic.

Apparently not.

Dream and Fantasy are restricted by a 5 year contract to keep both of the based at PC. This was negotiated at the time of the terminal expansion that allowed appropriate boarding and docking space for the bigger ships. Not sure when it expires, but the Fantasy is not yet 5 years in service. If you saw the damage that was done to the Magic going thru the canal the first time...I don't think DCL would attempt it with one of the new ships at this point.

We'll all see, I guess. Typically delay in releasing dates is due to confirmations being received from some of the less typical ports.

Is there a way to sign up on Disneys website and get notified when the info is available?

No, but my TA will send me an e-mail as soon as they know (which is generally a few days before the booking starts). Someone will certainly post it here.

We knew about the WDW ticket price increase as a "probable" last week and a "definite" 2 days ago. The price increase took effect today.

No' date=' but my TA will send me an e-mail as soon as they know (which is generally a few days before the booking starts). Someone will certainly post it here.

We knew about the WDW ticket price increase as a "probable" last week and a "definite" 2 days ago. The price increase took effect today.[/quote']

I'm glad we got our WDW tickets 2 weeks ago to get the lower price.

I hope they will give the same heads up for the DCL cruises. We are hoping to use our cruise deposit for a 2016 cruise. Hoping for an itinerary from NYC.

Any thoughts if that is possible? Thanks :)

I'm glad we got our WDW tickets 2 weeks ago to get the lower price.

I hope they will give the same heads up for the DCL cruises. We are hoping to use our cruise deposit for a 2016 cruise. Hoping for an itinerary from NYC.

Any thoughts if that is possible? Thanks :)

I trust by "cruise deposit" you mean that you did a rebooking on board. If so, within the rules, it is possible to move that to a first day cruise rate (I've done it several times).

As to whether there will be a cruise out of NYC, I have no insider information. Sorry....I guess anything is possible. I don't know how the NYC cruises sold previously--I think they sold well, and if so it might happen again. I do remember some concerns from people about getting to the terminal. A LOT goes into scheduling the ships, starting with when/where they can get dock space and where they think they can make the most money.

We should all know soon. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Great info, thanks! I guess we'll have to wait and see... We currently have a Dec. cruise booked on Magic, wondering whether to postpone or not, may wait until pricing/itineraries for Summer 2016 - Spring 2017 comes out to decide.

I trust by "cruise deposit" you mean that you did a rebooking on board. If so' date=' within the rules, it is possible to move that to a first day cruise rate (I've done it several times).

As to whether there will be a cruise out of NYC, I have no insider information. Sorry....I guess anything is possible. I don't know how the NYC cruises sold previously--I think they sold well, and if so it might happen again. I do remember some concerns from people about getting to the terminal. A LOT goes into scheduling the ships, starting with when/where they can get dock space and where they think they can make the most money.

We should all know soon. Sorry I can't be more helpful.[/quote']

Thank you, you have been very helpful!

Yes, we booked on board and we are currently booked on the Magic for Dec. We already made another plan for Dec 2015 so I'm so excited to book something on DCL for 2016.

Thanks again! :)

Great info, thanks! I guess we'll have to wait and see... We currently have a Dec. cruise booked on Magic, wondering whether to postpone or not, may wait until pricing/itineraries for Summer 2016 - Spring 2017 comes out to decide.

We are also currently booked on the Magic for Dec 2015 but found a really good deal on NCL Escape so we need to cancel. I don't want to cancel without booking another one... :)

I have read in another thread that the pricing/itineraries for Summer 2016 might be out next month. I hope we'll get the info that we need soon! :)

• 3 months later...
I was wondering if anyone had any further knowledge on when the 2017 schedule would be released. I am hoping to book something for 2017 and need to know what to expect!

Thanks

Well, given that the rest of 2016 was just released last week, I think you'll be waiting a while. You'll probably see the early part of 2017, at least Dream and Fantasy in late 2015.