Ebola

myceejie123

Newbie cruiser here, and sorry to ask.

I'm "germ phobic" , and hate it when people cough in their hands instead of in the crook of their arm. Especially if I'm behind them in the queue for breakfast/lunch buffet line. :eek: Then these people transfer their bacteria on to their hands to the buffet serving utensils. Or, how about those people who pick up food on their plate with their hands whilst still taking food in the buffet line, and then using the serving utensils again? :eek:

Is it proper for me to correct the offenders? So, any suggestions how do it in a nice way?

I'm not too concerned yet about contracting Ebola on a cruise, but more concerned about contracting more common shipborne Norvo Virus.

Thank you, and apologies for asking.

Why correct a disgusting action in a nice way? The one time I had occasion to do so - woman ahead of me in line at buffet picked up bacon from her plate with her fingers and put it back in the pan! - I said, "I can't believe you just did that!" Then I notified a server and he removed the pan of bacon.

Why correct a disgusting action in a nice way? The one time I had occasion to do so - woman ahead of me in line at buffet picked up bacon from her plate with her fingers and put it back in the pan! - I said, "I can't believe you just did that!" Then I notified a server and he removed the pan of bacon.

Did the woman respond to you?

TSA is using forehead thermometers now, but some reports say that they register as much as 20 degrees low, rendering them useless.

I managed a temperature of less than 31 C (86 F) last year in hospital. Fortunately the nurse wasn't an idiot and didn't record it.

If you have sweat on your forehead, it very much lowers the reading. If you get caught by someone who believes these temperatures are right, then get a towel and wipe your head. On the other hand, if you are sweating with Ebola, your body temperature rise may be offset by the low reading on the thermometer and they'll let you through! :eek: