A couple of Harrison Caves questions

New2cruise1483

We are going to be in Barbados in November and are planning on visiting the caves, but I have a couple of questions. 1) do we need to make reservations to visit the caves, or can we just show up? 2) how long does it take to get the the caves from the pier and how much is it to take a taxi there? Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...
We are going to be in Barbados in November and are planning on visiting the caves, but I have a couple of questions. 1) do we need to make reservations to visit the caves, or can we just show up? 2) how long does it take to get the the caves from the pier and how much is it to take a taxi there? Thanks in advance :)

We went many years ago and are planning to return again in 2 weeks now that we have kids. The last time we went we did not make a reservation. We just taxied to the Caves and paid our way in. This time we will probably do the same. We may go as a part of a Taxi tour as one member of our party has never been to Barbados. I have paid as little as $15 pp for a taxi tour that included this as a stop. I've read on these boards that a taxi there was roughly $40 per cab.

Dear New2cruise,

Research the Public buses. We used that from and return to the Pier Area.

Barbadoes has so much to do and see in it too.