Stupid question - sunscreen?

dread_pirate

I'm going on my first solo cruise and have a really stupid question -

How do you put sunscreen on your back?? I have very fair skin & need to be careful not to burn, particularly in the Caribbean. I love to swim so have to put it on pretty frequently. Is my only choice to bother someone, or does anyone have a "gadget" that I could get that allows me to put it on myself?

How do you put sunscreen on your back?? I have very fair skin & need to be careful not to burn, particularly in the Caribbean. I love to swim so have to put it on pretty frequently. Is my only choice to bother someone, or does anyone have a "gadget" that I could get that allows me to put it on myself?

I use the spray - it comes in all the same SPF levels as the lotion.

Em

How do you put sunscreen on your back??

I take a "throwaway" (ie: threadworn or etc) t-shirt and wear that instead.

IMHO, It's just easier.

Once you are done with the shirt for that day, simply toss it. The extra benefit is that doing so will open up space in your suitcase for all the souvenirs you buy.

Bed Bath and Beyond has a long handle sponge that you put lotion on it and apply to back. I have one but have never used it, so don't know how well it works. I called it a sponge but not really sure what it is, never taken in out of the package that it came in.

• 2 weeks later...

I use spray and even though I am not fair I get SPF 75 when going to Carribean. You will need to pack it in your checked baggage if flying as it does not come in small enough container to get past TSA people for carryon. If you can get a doctor to write a note saying your sunblock is for treament of a medical skin condition then you can carry it on as medication in your carry on bag.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived