Villa Herencia in Old San Juan

Eventide331

Villa Herencia is in a great location. Very easy to walk a few blocks up to the forts or down to the waterfront. It is virtually next to El Convento. There is a grocery store and drugstore one block away. The street is charming and quiet. We have stayed at VH, El Convento and Caleta 64. If we could afford it, El Convento would be the top choice. We found the rooms at VH to be a bit "grimy", tiny and dark. if you decide to stay there go for the rooms on the second floor (only 2), they have windows. We absolutely loved Caleta 64, in the same block. The apartments are spacious, you can make breakfast or light meals, and they have a washer and dryer. We enjoyed sitting out on the balcony with a glass of wine, listening to music from the square and watching the cats.

Wow, what a wonderful and informative reply! thank you so very much! We would love to stay at the El Convento as well but it may require a two night minimum stay. I am going to call the hotel tomorrow and ask for a waver! Blessings!

I am curious if this is a good walking distance from the Forts? What is it close to?

Very easy to walk to a lot of places in OSJ. We loved our stay there. Staff was fantastic, room was small but clean and I am very picky. Deck areas were outside so they can be expected to be a little dirty. Location could not be beat. Ate at Rosa de Triana for yummy tapas. Lots of shopping and restaurants close by.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 3 months later...

The two rooms upstairs are pretty quiet and have direct access to the gorgeous courtyard. I believe we stayed in H8 last year, and I believe H9 is the one with the second room.

As an FYI: some rooms don't have windows.

We absolutely loved our stay at Villa Herencia. We'd be there this fall except that I wanted a beach experience this time around. The hotel is lovely, offers a small but adequate continental breakfast, and is walking distance to most of OSJ. We only needed a cab to get from the airport and to the port.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I believe that none of the downstairs rooms have windows to the outside, since they all face a narrow inner courtyard. Our room had a small window over the door. We found it very dark and cramped (and that was a king room). Although we found the property charming, we would not consider staying there again unless it was in one of the two upstairs rooms.

We loved Caleta 64, which is virtually across the street. The units are huge by comparison, cleaner and bright, for virtually the same price. Adoquin has a balcony too.