Old San Juan Walking Tour

sharkaymon

How do I find out at which pier CCL Conquest will dock in Puerto Rico? We are planning our own walking tour and the information I have says:

"Our first stop will be at the Puerto Rico Tourism Company Information Center. It is on the far west corner of La Marina street (across from Pier 1 and the Casita -the little yellow building). Here you will find air conditioning and a bi-lingual staff to help you plan your day. They can give you ideas and information about what is happening, the hours of operation and other important suggestions, like where to eat. While there, make a stop at the bar and try a free drink compliments of the “Rums of Puerto Rico”.

The Visitor’s Center (phone 787-722-1709) is located across from the Plaza de la Darsena and is open everyday from 9:00am until 5:30pm. The bar is usually open at 2:00 pm- 5pm, Saturdays- Wednesdays."

So I need to know if we will be docking at Pier 1 or some other pier. We dock at 7:00 a.m. and depart at 3:30 and I want to make sure we are back in plenty of time to cheer on the "pier runners":D

You will almost surely be docked at pier#4 (all in the same general location) It will be a pier in old San Juan for sure, not the Pan American pier across the bay. As you get off the ship turn west (left) and walk and you will see the buildings/items you describe. Enjoy San Juan, it is a great city to explore- try to go see the forts if you can there are lots of beautiful things to see on the way there and back (as well as inside:cool:). I don't know how many pier runners you will have.... San Juan is really not set up that way.

How do I find out at which pier CCL Conquest will dock in Puerto Rico? We are planning our own walking tour and the information I have says:

"Our first stop will be at the Puerto Rico Tourism Company Information Center. It is on the far west corner of La Marina street (across from Pier 1 and the Casita -the little yellow building). Here you will find air conditioning and a bi-lingual staff to help you plan your day. They can give you ideas and information about what is happening, the hours of operation and other important suggestions, like where to eat. While there, make a stop at the bar and try a free drink compliments of the “Rums of Puerto Rico”.

The Visitor’s Center (phone 787-722-1709) is located across from the Plaza de la Darsena and is open everyday from 9:00am until 5:30pm. The bar is usually open at 2:00 pm- 5pm, Saturdays- Wednesdays."

So I need to know if we will be docking at Pier 1 or some other pier. We dock at 7:00 a.m. and depart at 3:30 and I want to make sure we are back in plenty of time to cheer on the "pier runners":D

We printed off a walking tour from the internet that gave us very good directions. I think it was from Fromers, but am not sure. Just type San Juan PR walking tour into your search engine and several will pop up. We did not have time to see everything on it on our first visit which was a port stop. We saw more when We cruised from San Juan and went a couple of days early.

The Conquest was docked next to us in Feb. right near the tourist center. We grabbed a map and did our own 6 mile walking tour, warning: It is very hilly and it was hot that day. It was great though, we got to see just about everything. After that we had time for a horse and carriage ride around the same route. There are also free government shuttles that will take you to places like the forts etc.

You can also drink your way back to the ship because the port where you enter has lots of free samples of different types of alcoholic drinks. About 10 of them equals 1 drink :)

Edited by fergusonvt

try this site

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Puerto_Rico/634-San_Juan/October_2014/