Sausalito question for polodad

jjduck

It is a great walk to the Golden Gate Bridge from the ship. Just continue along the Embarcadero (waterfront) and then Bay street until Crissy Field. But, why stop there? Consider walking across the bridge to Sausalito (a quaint town with shops & restaurants) then either take the bus back to SF or a ferry from Sausalito will drop you at the Ferry Bldg (bottom of Market St. & Embarcadero) about 3/4 mile from the ship & pier.

Alan & Eileen

Another question, please! We're not quite clear on how to get to Sausalito after the bridge. On Google Earth, it looks like there's a freeway before you get into the town? Do we continue walking to the right, then back track under the bridge, and eventually end up walking next to the ocean and then into the town? :confused:

Thanks for any help!

Aloha,

Noreen

On the northeastern end of the GG Bridge is located a parking lot, and visitor view point. I believe either the Ft. Baker or the Alexander Avenue freeway exit (for Sausalito) off of Highway 101 (freeway) is immediately north of the parking lot. You will be able to connect here via trail without walking on the freeway. Lots of folks bike it as well.

Just a little more info, it is a downhill walk all the way into Sausalito from the bridge, I did it once years ago in high heels when my commuter bus broke down! I would definately not try walking back up. There is bus stops along the road, if you get tired, and want to hop on.

Archived