CA 09 Best of Cartagena vs. CA08 Deluxe Cartagena & Fortress

picture

Ok, finally have to make a choice between these two sailing with Celebrity

and I think the only difference is one takes you for a tour inside the Fortress itself & the other is outside of the fortress.

Just looking for any opinions on either , hoping someone has taken this / these tours recently and give some input on which we might enjoy.

We are both in good physical health and walk daily heat usually not an issue.

I tend to get a little claustrophobia but as long as I can see some daylight or have some space between me and another person I do alright.

if it were too hot and stuffy & small space might be difficult for me but if I had to I think I could do it. Hope this all helps to give me info on which tour we might enjoy more.

thanks.

I just did CA 01 and really enjoyed the tour. We toured La Popa, amazing views all around Cartagena and interesting site. We then made a stop to take pictures of the fort, shopped a bit in the dungeon area, went to fokloric show (dancers, costume changes, live musicians, 1 beverage) and then on to a walking tour of the walled city. I thought we really got a good taste of Cartagena and saw a wide variety of areas. Really good tour.

I was torn between 01, 08 and 09. I was planning to do the inside of the fort but decided that it would be really hot (over and over we were told how hot Cartagena is) and pretty taxing. When I got to the fort I saw it is very steep to get in and out. I talked to people who took a tour that included going in the fort and they said it was very strenuous and they had never sweated so much in their lives! They said it was very steep and just as hard to come down as go up. I was satisfied with pictures from the outside!

Everyone on my tour really enjoyed 01.

Ok, finally have to make a choice between these two sailing with Celebrity

and I think the only difference is one takes you for a tour inside the Fortress itself & the other is outside of the fortress.

Just looking for any opinions on either , hoping someone has taken this / these tours recently and give some input on which we might enjoy.

We are both in good physical health and walk daily heat usually not an issue.

I tend to get a little claustrophobia but as long as I can see some daylight or have some space between me and another person I do alright.

if it were too hot and stuffy & small space might be difficult for me but if I had to I think I could do it. Hope this all helps to give me info on which tour we might enjoy more.

thanks.