Celebrity Excursion CA01

youwash

Cartagena City, La Popa Hill, Folkloric Show

Cartagena, Columbia CA01 Cartagena City, La Popa Hill, Folkloric Show

All of our tours met in the theater where you go up on stage and they give you a sticker corresponding to your tour and designates you to the correct group and bus. Only one person has to go up if you are on the same tour. Then you are seated until they call your sticker color and number and you go to the gangway. Then on to the designated bus which was very nice with a very informative guide.

The first stop is at the Fort just for pictures. All of the vendors, people selling stuff, are VERY AGGRESSIVE! You have to be firm in your NO and keep walking. The only thing I could mention about the Fort is that if you are on a tour in it there must be an awful lot of strenuous walking-it is huge—and hot. The drive up the hill to La Popa took us past a very poor part of the city (slums). We walked through the chapel and had a bathroom break.

Next stop was a shopping area the “dungeons” Just all small rooms with people selling things. My sister and I did buy very nice tablecloths . Then it was the Folkloric show which was only about 20 min of singing and dancing. A beverage was included water-soda and I think beer. The stairs and walkway to this were long and very steep. Then we did a walking tour of some of the streets in the Walled City. There was another bathroom stop in a emerald jewelry store. Then back to the ship. Friends of ours did the horse carriage ride and were happy with it. We enjoyed the tour and felt it gave a good cross section visit to Cartagena. On some of the side streets we did see some donkeys with the little 2 wheel cart (like Juan Valdez from the old coffee commercials) these were working as I saw one hauling windows.

I really enjoy writing this as it takes me back there.

Cartagena City, La Popa Hill, Folkloric Show

Cartagena, Columbia CA01 Cartagena City, La Popa Hill, Folkloric Show

All of our tours met in the theater where you go up on stage and they give you a sticker corresponding to your tour and designates you to the correct group and bus. Only one person has to go up if you are on the same tour. Then you are seated until they call your sticker color and number and you go to the gangway. Then on to the designated bus which was very nice with a very informative guide.

The first stop is at the Fort just for pictures. All of the vendors, people selling stuff, are VERY AGGRESSIVE! You have to be firm in your NO and keep walking. The only thing I could mention about the Fort is that if you are on a tour in it there must be an awful lot of strenuous walking-it is huge—and hot. The drive up the hill to La Popa took us past a very poor part of the city (slums). We walked through the chapel and had a bathroom break.

Next stop was a shopping area the “dungeons” Just all small rooms with people selling things. My sister and I did buy very nice tablecloths . Then it was the Folkloric show which was only about 20 min of singing and dancing. A beverage was included water-soda and I think beer. The stairs and walkway to this were long and very steep. Then we did a walking tour of some of the streets in the Walled City. There was another bathroom stop in a emerald jewelry store. Then back to the ship. Friends of ours did the horse carriage ride and were happy with it. We enjoyed the tour and felt it gave a good cross section visit to Cartagena. On some of the side streets we did see some donkeys with the little 2 wheel cart (like Juan Valdez from the old coffee commercials) these were working as I saw one hauling windows.

I really enjoy writing this as it takes me back there.

Did you feel safe during the tour? @ this,port?