Johann & Sandra Blue Agave Tour

MDavis23

We are thinking of booking this tour. Our ship is in port until 5:00 pm and the tour ends at 3:00 pm. Would love input from people who have done this tour. We are wondering if you have had any problem with getting back to the ship by the scheduled end time. If you have been late or had any issues, does the tour offer alternate transportation to get you back to the ship? What do you think of the tour provided by Johann & Sandra? Thanks for any input, reviews, or information.

Johann & Sandra are online tour brokers, they don't actually operate any excursions. Having said this, they do enjoy a good reputation for representing/selling quality/reliable excursions. They sell excursions in many of the Mexican port cities.

I can't comment on the specific tour you're asking about (you didn't say what city it's in). As a general rule, excursion operators get you back in plenty of time or they wouldn't be able to stay in business. If missing the ship is something that will weigh heavily on your mind, stick with tours sold through the ship.

You'll have no problem. They will have you back to your ship at the 3pm end time, you just walk right on. You'll have plenty of time to shop at the flea market right next store too. Even have a cheaper drink before you board. Look below here are quite a few posts on this tour group right now.

MSN-Travelers -- Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it. We are looking at the tour in Mazatlan.

If you haven't already checked TripAdvisor, I suggest you read about the tour and the reviews submitted. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g4006966-d3971814-Reviews-Los_Osuna_Blue_Agave_Tour-La_Noria_Pacific_Coast.html

We are regulars in Puerto Vallarta and have become tequila snobs. The distillery you will visit in Mazatlan makes a tequila-like beverage that can't be sold as "tequila" because it isn't made in Jalisco State or other locations approved by the Mexican Government.

It will be a unique experience and any product you sample/purchase won't found outside that local region. Go for the scenic travel and entertainment value.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

I can't give any feedback about that tour, but I've booked through Johann & Sandra twice.

First time was in Cabo for whale watching. We were late and missed our tour, but they put us on the next one and it was fantastic.

Second time was for a private bout to Yelapa in PV (not on a cruise, we were staying for a week). The boat was a no-show :(. But we did receive a prompt refund and apology, so I will most likely book with Johann & Sandra on my upcoming cruise.