Update on local Beach Bars??

mrsfuzzmo

Heading to GT the last week in January (last time there was about 3 years ago). I understand that the beach bars come and go, but am looking for any recent visitors who can tell me if there are any current/new beach bars between M'ville and Jack's?

Last time we went to the Local Village Bar (after Jack's) and loved it there. Wished we would have just gone there for the day. I know it's not there as LVB any longer but looking for any updates of some place to sit our butts when we get back from a short trip to town for lunch.

We like music, friendly staff, local bites to eat (but not required) and cold beer.

I'd be curious to know as well. we're there 2 weeks before you. I think Island Jerk is still there. About half way up from MV toward jack's Rumors abound that Crew Bar or White Sands is coming back. But let me suggest you give thought to catching a taxi and heading into Cockburntown and going to John's Ocean View . It's on the beach, loungers, great fresh seafood, good drinks. A bit "rustic" but super friendly folks.

I'd be curious to know as well. we're there 2 weeks before you. I think Island Jerk is still there. About half way up from MV toward jack's Rumors abound that Crew Bar or White Sands is coming back. But let me suggest you give thought to catching a taxi and heading into Cockburntown and going to John's Ocean View . It's on the beach, loungers, great fresh seafood, good drinks. A bit "rustic" but super friendly folks.

How far is John's from the cruise dock? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome CREW, Thanks!! I'll await for your return for the info on the beach bars near the port. I appreciate the suggestion for John's Ocean View! That's where we will head!