Sydney on Easter Weekend

jlrob

We will be arriving in Sydney on Good Friday for two weeks in Australia between cruises. Our plans were to do 3 or 4 days in Sydney and 9 or 10 on a road trip. Would it be better to do Sydney on the Easter Weekend or head out on the road first? Thank you in advance for your input.

Do Sydney on the Easter Weekend.

The traffic on the roads out of town is no fun at all. You will also find that accom etc will be slightly cheaper just after Easter. From a April 8th school holidays start so prices will rise again.

I agree with the above poster - the expensive accommodation costs over Easter when everyone gets out of Sydney is reason enough to delay going away until after.

Just a few hints, because it there are public holidays on the Friday, Sunday and Monday:

* Most tourist attractions will still be open, just double check if you are going on Good Friday

* Many restaurants will be closed on at least Good Friday, but a few will still be open, particularly in tourist areas. Check first. This has improved in recent years.

* On Good Friday, you cannot buy takeaway alcohol. Stock up before hand or have a drink out at a bar.

* Supermarkets will be closed on the Friday and Sunday, they should be open again on the Saturday and Monday.

I agree with the above poster - the expensive accommodation costs over Easter when everyone gets out of Sydney is reason enough to delay going away until after.

Just a few hints, because it there are public holidays on the Friday, Sunday and Monday:

* Most tourist attractions will still be open, just double check if you are going on Good Friday

* Many restaurants will be closed on at least Good Friday, but a few will still be open, particularly in tourist areas. Check first. This has improved in recent years.

* On Good Friday, you cannot buy takeaway alcohol. Stock up before hand or have a drink out at a bar.

* Supermarkets will be closed on the Friday and Sunday, they should be open again on the Saturday and Monday.

Many supermarkets will be open on Easter Sunday now.

If you stay n town over the weekend a trip to the Royal Easter Show may be of interest it is basically an agricultural far, with displays of livestock, produce and carnival type rides.

We also arrive in Sydney on the Noordam on Good Friday. From what I am finding Sydney hotels are expensive that weekend. I am hoping some Easter weekend specials show up closer in.

The Hilton has a very high rate that far out (AUS$799/night) for all the nights around then. Ouch.

We also arrive in Sydney on the Noordam on Good Friday. From what I am finding Sydney hotels are expensive that weekend. I am hoping some Easter weekend specials show up closer in.

The Hilton has a very high rate that far out (AUS$799/night) for all the nights around then. Ouch.

1. Easter in Sydney is expensive

2. Sydney is expensive

3. Hilton is perhaps the most expensive hotel in Sydney

4. Wait too long and Easter will be sold out.

1. Easter in Sydney is expensive

2. Sydney is expensive

3. Hilton is perhaps the most expensive hotel in Sydney

4. Wait too long and Easter will be sold out.

Have you checked the price of the Hyatt? :-) I agree for sure, we have the Marriott reserved in case prices do not drop.

Have you checked the price of the Hyatt? :-) I agree for sure, we have the Marriott reserved in case prices do not drop.

Yep Hyatt is expensive but location accounts for a big chunk of that.