Falmouth - Martha Brae River Rafting

TADCruise

My wife and I will be on the Oasis in May 2015 and were considering checking out the Martha Brae River Rafting. Has anyone done this recently? How far is it from the Falmouth port? Can it be done privately or should we do it as an excursion through the ship?

• 3 weeks later...

We're looking for the same information, except we're going in February 2015. I've emailed several tour operators from whom I am waiting to hear. On the port page, it looks like Cruise Critic recommends simply hiring a taxi to take you to the mouth of the river, where several rafts will be available. I think it's only $30/pp or $60/raft if it's done this way. Any suggestions? Anyone know how much a ride is/should be from the Falmouth port to the river? I think it's only about 3 miles away. So far, one tour operator quoted me $65 pp for transportation and the rafting and the other one quoted me $15pp R\T transportation & then we pay $60/each raft at the river.

We're looking for the same information, except we're going in February 2015. I've emailed several tour operators from whom I am waiting to hear. On the port page, it looks like Cruise Critic recommends simply hiring a taxi to take you to the mouth of the river, where several rafts will be available. I think it's only $30/pp or $60/raft if it's done this way. Any suggestions? Anyone know how much a ride is/should be from the Falmouth port to the river? I think it's only about 3 miles away. So far, one tour operator quoted me $65 pp for transportation and the rafting and the other one quoted me $15pp R\T transportation & then we pay $60/each raft at the river.

I think $60pp for the rafting + $15pp for transportation is pretty close to what RCL charges for the excursion. For those prices I would just book through RCL. I'd be interested in hearing from someone that has done it on their own or through one of the tour operators.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

We did the excursion with RCL last spring. It was amazing! Had a wonderful conversation with the gentleman who steered our raft. Beautiful scenery, mostly shaded, peaceful. Our guide had a bag of some type of gourds he hollowed out and carved for sale. (Not sure if he did the work himself, but they were beautiful). I purchased one for 20.00.