Parrot Tree Plantation or Mayan Princess Resort

Riley's Mom

On the suggestion of on of the posters, I have decided to go to one

of the above mentioned resorts while in Roatan.

They are both beautiful properties, each with an awesome pool and beach.

Can anyone help me decided which resort to spend our day in Roatan at?

I'm torn.....ugh

Help!

Thank you all

I would go to Parrot Tree. It's on a less heavily impacted coast and you'll feel more like you're in your own private setting.

Maya Princess is beautiful, but they limit the number of day guests and usage of grounds. And if you head out of their resort grounds you're on the same beach as every other cruiser on the island. Great beach, easy swim to good snorkeling, but...

Obviously, MP is further away from Mahogany Bay where you're docking, so extra transportation cost and more drive time need to be added to your decision.

Edited by crewsweeper

I was probably one of the posters who suggested Parrot Tree. I cannot comment on Mayan Princess as I haven't been and its been a while now since I went to Parrot Tree which I did a couple of times. In more recent times I have been going to Club Natale.

I know if you use the search engine on this forum both resorts have been discussed previously with various opinions. I enjoyed Parrot Tree, it is a very beautiful condominium resort with a wonderful pool complex, which is what attracted me. When I was there, there was only myself and one other person swimming in the pool. Needless to say it was very quiet! (which may or may not be a plus to you). The biggest negative was bar service was very limited at the pool. The pool area is separated from the bar, beach restaurant and lagoon area by some of the condo units, attractive enough but still a barrier. We stayed by the pool for half our time then went over to the lagoon for lunch and a walk round the lagoon and beach. Food and drinks were fine. Lagoon setting was fine but rather man-made and unnatural. I didn't swim there so can't comment. The buildings and approach by road are very attractive. If I returned some time I would like to walk further and explore the marina but it is always so hot!

I like it quiet and as crew says it is (or at least was) almost like your own private setting. If you like more activity and noise it probably isn't for you.

Edited by c-leg5

I was probably one of the posters who suggested Parrot Tree. I cannot comment on Mayan Princess as I haven't been and its been a while now since I went to Parrot Tree which I did a couple of times. In more recent times I have been going to Club Natale.

I know if you use the search engine on this forum both resorts have been discussed previously with various opinions. I enjoyed Parrot Tree, it is a very beautiful condominium resort with a wonderful pool complex, which is what attracted me. When I was there, there was only myself and one other person swimming in the pool. Needless to say it was very quiet! (which may or may not be a plus to you). The biggest negative was bar service was very limited at the pool. The pool area is separated from the bar, beach restaurant and lagoon area by some of the condo units, attractive enough but still a barrier. We stayed by the pool for half our time then went over to the lagoon for lunch and a walk round the lagoon and beach. Food and drinks were fine. Lagoon setting was fine but rather man-made and unnatural. I didn't swim there so can't comment. The buildings and approach by road are very attractive. If I returned some time I would like to walk further and explore the marina but it is always so hot!

I like it quiet and as crew says it is (or at least was) almost like your own private setting. If you like more activity and noise it probably isn't for you.

I have a question for you, how do you get the day passes and so you know the price and what's included?

I called to inquire and just told you get the passes when you arrive???

Also, do we just take a taxi from the pier or does Parrot tree offer transportation?

I'm trying to budget enough money for our trip. No this info would help lot.

Thank you so much !

I have a question for you' date=' how do you get the day passes and so you know the price and what's included?

I called to inquire and just told you get the passes when you arrive???

Also, do we just take a taxi from the pier or does Parrot tree offer transportation?

I'm trying to budget enough money for our trip. No this info would help lot.

Thank you so much ![/quote']

We booked transportation through Roatan Culture tours $40pp (2ppl, price reduces for more in party) including day pass if I remember correctly but remember this was several years ago. I think they still offer this tour, as well as Rony and probably others. We just paid the driver a total price that included the day pass but any private driver should be able to take you there and pay for day pass in cash on arrival. We prefer a private driver for the day in case we change our mind, want to stop elsewhere or weather doesn't cooperate. Also I think taxi rates on Roatan are ridiculous and I would rather know up front what I am going to pay and know I have a driver for the day. I think the day pass is now about $15 pp ( we paid $10). It included welcome drink and use of facilities. Food and drink extra.

You can arrange taxi through Parrot Tree but I believe it was more. Sme goes for Mayan Princess which I have also looked into previously. I think there is an old thread discussing Parrot Tree pricing, (I think Mitsugirly researched it at one time) and i think at that time one of the cruiselines also offered an excursion there but can't remember which one.

The first time we went to Parrot Tree we just stopped for lunch and drinks. We didn't use the pool and we didn't pay a day pass charge.

Edited by c-leg5

Thank you C-leg5 for your reply.

I did hire a driver thru Victor Bodden and it was only $30 per person.

There are 3 of us.

They will take us to and from the resort. I don't really want to stop

anywhere else while in Roatan, so the private driver was a good choice.

Thank you for recommending Parrot Tree.

I'm excited to see the resort, it looks beautiful.

One more question, is there bar service to the pool area or only to the

beach area?

Thank you C-leg5 for your reply.

I did hire a driver thru Victor Bodden and it was only $30 per person.

There are 3 of us.

They will take us to and from the resort. I don't really want to stop

anywhere else while in Roatan' date=' so the private driver was a good choice.

Thank you for recommending Parrot Tree.

I'm excited to see the resort, it looks beautiful.

One more question, is there bar service to the pool area or only to the

beach area?[/quote']

Good idea to get a private driver, that way if you change your mind you have options. Sometimes the wind is worse on one side of the island or the other so I am sure your driver can advise. Sounds about right for 3 people.

As I said above lack of bar service at the pool was the biggest negative but I am sure if you let them know you need more service they will check on you more often or you can walk between the condo units to the bar.

I found this You tube link which unfortunately only shows the lagoon area but also the beach restaurant and bar. The pool is on the other side of the condos. You can walk right round the lagoon.

If you google the following you will find a day cruisers review in a blog.

"excursion-focus-parrot-tree-beach-resort-roatan"