Renting a car in Old San Juan ??

xomichelle

Hi everyone. I will be visiting San Juan next week on a Carnival cruise and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for renting a car. I have read a lot about people walking around and exploring on their own but my boyfriend and I were thinking about renting a car (something like a Jeep).

Thanks!

Michelle

The easiest thing to do is check on of the travel sites that looks at a lot of rental choices.

Using that, I've found that Hertz has always been the lowest rate for me. It's not cheap, by any means, but it's our best choice in Puerto Rico.

There are probably some cheaper options if you only need a day or two- but we get them for some time to drive to the other side of the island.

The easiest thing to do is check on of the travel sites that looks at a lot of rental choices.

Using that, I've found that Hertz has always been the lowest rate for me. It's not cheap, by any means, but it's our best choice in Puerto Rico.

There are probably some cheaper options if you only need a day or two- but we get them for some time to drive to the other side of the island.

Thank you! Since we are only visiting on a cruise it would be for a few hours. I'm going to look into it.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are planning on visiting sites outside of OSJ the car may be an advantage. But there is so much to see in OSJ and a car rental will only slow you down there as you can walk places faster than you can drive a car there and find a parking space probably a half mile from where you wish to go.