Sagrada Familia/Parc Guell timed tickets question

hello,

we are about to purchase tickets for SF and PG for mid September.

we are traveling with two kids (7/4 yrs) and we have a question regarding the timed tickets. we found out that kids have to be 7 or older to be allowed on the tower.

our ship gets in at 2pm, and not knowing how quickly everyone gets off etc, we want to take a cab and purchase tickets for SF at 315pm.

if we get to the SF earlier, will they allow us in eg. 10 mins earlier? i assume not since everyone would be doing it then and the system might not make sense anymore..... but thought i would ask in case anyone has experience with that.

i am sure i could spend hours at the church, but my husband and kids probably will be done with SF rather quickly :cool:.

since we have to take turns to go up the passion facade tower due to the little one, how much time should we plan at SF before heading to Parc Guell?

would 90 mins be sufficient to get a good feel for it incl going up and down rather "quickly" on the passion facade tower elevator?

we will then cab it to Parc Guell. Would it be safe to book PG tickets for 5pm (since reservation will be maintained for you during the 30 minutes following the selected start time)?

just wanted to make sure i time it all right :).

any infos that you can share would be great!

THANKS

I would guess that they wouldn't let you in more than a couple of minutes before, but as i didn't try to get in early, I wouldn't know. One thing you need to be aware of is that when you come to book your tickets, as well as the entry time you also need to choose a time to go up the tower, so if you're going to go up separately you need to know how much time to allow between. We went up the Nativity Tower and though we joined the queue just before the appointed time, it took 10 or 15 mins to get to the elevator because it is very small, only taking about 6 people each trip. Now I don't know whether the Passion Tower is different, but on the Nativity Tower you cannot come down on the elevator. You have to walk down the spiral staircase and, because it's very narrow, you are limited to going at the speed of the people in front of you. I don't think you're going to be able to just 'pop' up and down quickly.

thanks for the info... that was helpful.

just purchased our tickets for SF and they do give you a 15 mins window.

eg if you purchase tickets for 3pm = they allow entrance between 3pm -315pm

Yes, they give you a bit of leeway if you arrive late, but I'm not sure they let you in early.

Edited by aquilegia