Mt Liamuiga and Nevis Peak inactive volcanos Tours

miss_rach

Has anyone done either of these? I don't think I'd attempt it by myself but would go with a tour/guide.

Was it worth it? How long is the tour? What is the cost/pp? Plus any other info you might have. We have no children with us as this just sounds like it might be a bit difficult since I'm sure there's a lot up "up hill" walking/climbing.

Cheers!

Has anyone done either of these? I don't think I'd attempt it by myself but would go with a tour/guide.

Was it worth it? How long is the tour? What is the cost/pp? Plus any other info you might have. We have no children with us as this just sounds like it might be a bit difficult since I'm sure there's a lot up "up hill" walking/climbing.

Cheers!

Did not go myself but talked to shipmates who did. Strenuous climb. You don't have to be young but you need to be reasonably fit. Count on several hours. Don't think of doing it without a guide.

By the way both these volcanoes are active - good probably of blowing within the next tens of thousands of years.

Did this years ago with a guide. You have to be reasonably fit but people of all ages have made it up & down. Depending on the guide, rest stops taken and the number in the group & their fitness level, it can be done in in a few hours (2-4 hrs up) and less time coming down. The trail can be wet & muddy if there has been a recent rain. Wear some decent shoe(no open toe shoes). After you get down you will be glad that you have done it.