Nice HOHO bus tour

pinecrest6

Would like to hear from travelers who have taken the Nice hop on hop off bus. Where did you get tickets? Was narration in English? Where does tour start? Any help is appreciated!

I did this last October and about halfway through this shows us up on the top deck.

[YOUTUBE]OXW5R66Td2o[/YOUTUBE]

It was €20 pp and the narration is in 3 languages, one of which is English. You can hear it very well via the provided headphones. We had a leaflet from the Tourist Information showing a departure point very clearly marked on the Promenade des Anglais, non-sea side of the road. And we went there... and waited, and waited and waited. In the end we asked someone who told us it leaves from the Lido, on the sea side of the Promenade road, about 250 yards from where the leaflet said. So we bought our tickets and caught it there. I think they start every 30 minutes. If you want the train station at the end of your tour (as we did - our ship was at Cannes) ask the driver where the nearest stop is, because from the Lido to the station is about a mile and a half walk. All the best, Tony

Thank you for the info. Just a few questions... What company conducted your tour...are you saying you bought your tickets on the bus?

I can't recall the name of the company but you can't miss the brightly-coloured double-decker bus. You will probably see it elsewhere in the city if you walk down to the Prom. We paid the driver as we boarded, so if you are lucky enough to be by any of the other stopping points when one comes by you could jump on there. I'm sure the tickets are for the day rather than a complete circuit of the route. Due to time constraints we just got out once, at Cimiez to look at the Matisse Museum.