Panama

Mango Mike

Posting this on a couple of threads in hopes of getting a response.

The misses and I are thinking about doing a "quick" repo cruise leaving from Miami and ending in Colon, Panama (RCCL Grandeur/Nov. 22 - Nov. 25).

After doing a little checking on flights, it appears that the closest airport to Colon is on the other side of the country in Panama City (57 kilometers away).

Has anyone ever flown out of Panama City and if so, are there any particulars we need to know about 1) getting from Colon to Panama City and 2) getting from Panama City back home.

Thanks

Has anyone ever flown out of Panama City and if so, are there any particulars we need to know about 1) getting from Colon to Panama City and 2) getting from Panama City back home.

Thanks

We did the opposite a couple of years ago...flew into PTY then took the cruise from Colon to Ft. Lauderdale. I don't recall anything that was particularly out of the ordinary. We had arranged a driver to take us from airport to hotel, and then the same driver took us from hotel to the port in Colon two days later, but I don't recall the name of the company or how we made the arrangements.

• 2 weeks later...
Posting this on a couple of threads in hopes of getting a response.

The misses and I are thinking about doing a "quick" repo cruise leaving from Miami and ending in Colon, Panama (RCCL Grandeur/Nov. 22 - Nov. 25).

After doing a little checking on flights, it appears that the closest airport to Colon is on the other side of the country in Panama City (57 kilometers away).

Thanks

We did a repo cruise on Infinity from FLL to Valpo, Chile. We docked at Colon the day before the transit. We took a tour of the Gatun locks from Colon. We passed the rail station that you could use to take a train to Panama City where the airport is located.

A word of caution, Colon is probably the armpit of the country. I would not want to be there on my own. Make sure you have a reputable taxi.

Archived