Castaway Club gift

coldinerie

Can any one tell me what the Castaway Club stateroom gift currently is? Last cruise we got a backpack, anything new?

Reports of A new bag a hand held one, with a magnetic board and a marker.

No cookies, no key ring. No backpack, reports of it being a bit too easy to break.

13350540314_23b30c15bb_b.jpg

image by Andrew D Porter, on Flick

One of each colour to your castaway club level.

( Note the photo is not mine)

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

Platinum level we got the bag pictured above on the right and inside was a tin box with games inside.

magnetic board with erasable pen.

There was something else but I cant remember what it was.

Gold got the same tin box and dry erase board. I really like the new gift.

Last month on a 3 night on the Magic, we got the gold bag with the dry erase board and the tin with the games. The dry erase board was used on the cruise. (And left, I think.) I like the tin - it has a "banangram" style alphabet tile game, cards, and a scorecard and pencil, if memory serves. I think it is a handy little container to pack on vacation.

• 5 months later...

talked about an hour ago to my girlfriend aboard the Fantasy unpacking. (I am bummed we couldn't get a house sitter to go with her, will have to wait for Nov) Anyway, she did confirm the new black bag on the right for Platinum, which we both are.

Was the choice of wine / food items still being given? I liked when they switched from a domestic white bubbly to prosecco because my husband can't drink domestic whites.

And was there still a cocktail party?

talked about an hour ago to my girlfriend aboard the Fantasy unpacking. (I am bummed we couldn't get a house sitter to go with her, will have to wait for Nov) Anyway, she did confirm the new black bag on the right for Platinum, which we both are.

Was the choice of wine / food items still being given? I liked when they switched from a domestic white bubbly to prosecco because my husband can't drink domestic whites.

And was there still a cocktail party?

There is still the platinum/gold reception if that is what you mean by a cocktail party. It has been steadily decreased in quality over the years. They now have servers walking around with fruit, cookies, and beverages...sometimes they get to your table, sometimes not. No more coconut shrimp, etc.

The choices of food/wine have also decreased. Fruit plate, wine....no truffles, not sure what else there was.

Most of the merchandise discounts/freebies have been changed to "buy this, get that free" as in 2 free bingo cards if you buy 4, $10 discount on multi-day rainforest pass, free 8X10 photo with purchase of a package, etc. 10% off most purchases in gift shops. Some items are excluded. No more platinum behind the scenes experiences.

The choices of food/wine have also decreased. Fruit plate' date=' wine....no truffles, not sure what else there was.

[/quote']

In April the Platinum room service gift choice was fruit plate, bottle of wine or box of truffles - shrimp cocktail may have also been a choice.

Have you sailed since April with no truffles being offered?

The 3 bags pictured above are for Caribbean and Bahamian sailings. Other destinations may have different Castaway Club gifts in the stateroom.

I do not like the very large gift tin the bananagrams and waterproof cards come in, it's too bulky to pack in your suitcase to fly with. Wish they had just put those items in the canvas bag without the tin.

• 3 weeks later...