Nieuw Amsterdam Singer- summer 2013

DH and I sailed the Nieuw (sp??) Amsterdam in the summer of 2013 on an amazing 12 night Mediterranean cruise and there was a gentleman on board who sang every night in various venues of the ship. His voice was beautiful and I sought him out in the evenings to sit and listen to him sing.

Would anyone happen to know his name or if cruise ship singers may have recordings on iTunes or through the cruise line that could possibly be purchased? Any information anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would anyone happen to know his name or if cruise ship singers may have recordings on iTunes or through the cruise line that could possibly be purchased? Any information anyone has would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I have very little in the way of suggestions as to how to determine the name of the singer who impressed you so much. Perhaps contacting HAL to ask them would work? Since it's so long ago, I wouldn't hold out much hope. Perhaps going back to the old roll call to determine if anyone put a review there? Or asking those passengers if anyone recalls? Again, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

It's also possible that information would be included in either a formal review, or a review on this thread, but unlikely. Reviewers rarely mention entertainment at all, let alone by name.

If you should find a name, then you very well may find the person on You Tube. It's amazing how many have submitted their own videos, and passengers have taken videos and posted, too.

My experience with singers on the various ships is that they often have a CD you can purchase while on board. They may have a website with sales availability, too. I have also seen that.

Good luck in your quest.

I have very little in the way of suggestions as to how to determine the name of the singer who impressed you so much. Perhaps contacting HAL to ask them would work? Since it's so long ago, I wouldn't hold out much hope. Perhaps going back to the old roll call to determine if anyone put a review there? Or asking those passengers if anyone recalls? Again, I wouldn't hold out much hope.

It's also possible that information would be included in either a formal review, or a review on this thread, but unlikely. Reviewers rarely mention entertainment at all, let alone by name.

If you should find a name, then you very well may find the person on You Tube. It's amazing how many have submitted their own videos, and passengers have taken videos and posted, too.

My experience with singers on the various ships is that they often have a CD you can purchase while on board. They may have a website with sales availability, too. I have also seen that.

Good luck in your quest.

Thank you. I called and emailed the cruise line. The desk I need to speak to is closed on the weekend so we will see. I checked youtube but nothing specific without watching long videos in hopes of a glimpse (which I may do when time permits). He did not have a cd that he promoted on board (I listened intently then hoping he would) but I will definitely scroll through these boards to see if anyone has reviews that may shed some light. Thank you for your reply and suggestions. Hoping our next cruise will have an equally impressive vocalist on board. [emoji4]

DH and I sailed the Nieuw (sp??) Amsterdam in the summer of 2013 on an amazing 12 night Mediterranean cruise and there was a gentleman on board who sang every night in various venues of the ship. His voice was beautiful and I sought him out in the evenings to sit and listen to him sing.

I tried to do a little research for you, and a couple of reviews of Nieuw Amsterdam in summer of 2013 mention a singing quartet called "Cantare" who apparently had a very good tenor, but no particular name was given. Another entertainer that was mentioned was a gentleman by the name of Salvatore Hasard. I'm not sure if either of those is the singer for which you are looking.

I tried to do a little research for you, and a couple of reviews of Nieuw Amsterdam in summer of 2013 mention a singing quartet called "Cantare" who apparently had a very good tenor, but no particular name was given. Another entertainer that was mentioned was a gentleman by the name of Salvatore Hasard. I'm not sure if either of those is the singer for which you are looking.

Wow!! Thank you!!! I remember Cantare and they were good but that's not them. I'll look up Salvatore Hasard on iTunes!! Thank you again! I'll post back and let you know what I find out from your search as well as from the cruise line next week! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! [emoji2][emoji322]

Was he part of the HAL cast of singers and possibly Cantare as well? There was one singer I can think of with a very impressive voice who might have been aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam at around the same time as you. What did he look like? Was he blonde by any chance? If so, it might have been Jonathan Hawkins.

Wow!! Thank you!!! I remember Cantare and they were good but that's not them. I'll look up Salvatore Hasard on iTunes!! Thank you again! I'll post back and let you know what I find out from your search as well as from the cruise line next week! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!! [emoji2][emoji322]

Don't know anything about itunes but there are several videos of Salvatore Hasard on Youtube. And he has a good voice. Also plays several musical instruments.

Was he part of the HAL cast of singers and possibly Cantare as well? There was one singer I can think of with a very impressive voice who might have been aboard the Nieuw Amsterdam at around the same time as you. What did he look like? Was he blonde by any chance? If so, it might have been Jonathan Hawkins.

I'll check Jonathan Hawkins as well. I don't remember his hair color but he was younger (late 20's or early 30's). I haven't gotten a return email from Holland yet but will look up both names and youtubes of them to see. Thanks.