Solstice Entertainment in Alaska

EOwens

Hi all, I was just wondering if anyone is recently back from Alaska on the Solstice. We're going in August and we're really interested to know what the shows are. Are they still doing the Solstice Show that has the aerial and acrobatics? I also heard there was a Beatles cover band - is that true? Thanks for your help!

Also - are they still doing the Champagne Tea at the Murano? Thanks!

We just got back from the Solstice Friday the 9th. Yes, they have a Beatles tribute show. The group is called "Hard Day's Night". I thought the guy who does Paul did a good job. The other two shows we saw were "Rock City" & "Broken Strings". There was 2 comedians. We missed the first since he performed the first night. The second one we saw - his name was Darrell Joyce. We missed the aerial acrobatic show - it was in the afternoon before we arrived in Victoria. As to the Champagne tea at Murano - we didn't see anything about it & I don't see it listed in any of the "Celebrity Today" newsletters. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for the great info! Sounds like we may be missing the aerial show as well. We have an alcove rented for that day and I'm sure we'll want to take full advantage of it before heading into Victoria. I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

The best entertainment is:

1. Sitting in sky lounge departing from Skagway ordering drinks and whale watching - saw orcas, humpbacks, seals. Sitting in the sky lounge after departing Juneau and Ketchikan and watching sun set at 11pm. Wish the sky lounge had music that would sort of go with the awesome majesty of those views and experience vs. crappy pop mix 24x7. Also wish the bartenders and service was good there (was the worst bar on the ship).

2. Brent and Amanda Nixon talks during the day.

3. Silent Disco at Martini Bar - your fellow cruisers put on the best show.

4. Invitation for Concierge class and up to sail away from helipad at a port with champagne.

5. Comedians

6. Captain Tasos dry humor - worth seeing his talk on building of the solstice as he cracked us up and kills time after breakfast.

The worst entertainment is:

1. Rock City and other "production shows" (I felt awful for the performers - it was really bad - when a guy broke out into U2 "one love" with a luther Vandross voice I walked out).

2. Line dancing classes in atrium in middle of the day - loud and annoying.

3. The band that played in the buffet on last sea day. It was effective at chasing me away from the chocolate fountain. Luckily never heard them anywhere else.

Thanks Duchesslt - great suggestions. Yes, I'm very excited to listen to Brent Nixon and Miss Amanda. Also looking forward to the amazing views from the ship. I'll be missing out on that Concierge class invite - just in a regular verandah room. Sorry to hear the production shows aren't well done - I was looking forward to seeing some fun shows in the theater!

Remember, entertainment is subjective. They have always had productions shows and line dancing in the foyer is a very

normal thing. Some folks enjoy both events while others not so much.

Hope you enjoy your cruise:)

Edited by Lois R