Cape liberty hotels

katew449

Please come to the East Coast board with your questions.

Could you provide your dates, number of people, your budget, and your NYC sightseeing requirements? If you're flying (hopefully into Newark), what time would you arrive and what would be your food requirements? Some hotels offer free breakfast, but don't have a restaurant. Most hotels are isolated and there are no restaurants within walking distance - for many hotels the only food choice is a restaurant in a neighboring hotel or take out.

Cape Liberty is very much a DIY port. Very few hotels offer a Cruiseport shuttle and many of them we don't recommend. Car service is the primary way to get to the port. Going back to the airport folks use shared shuttles, "taxis", and car services. The whole experience us nothing like Florida.

I'm still trying to figure out the boards sorry for not posting in the right spot!!. We live in eastern PA. No flights or food and def no NYC sight seeing requirements:). We're going on the June 13th cruise on liberty and our wedding is the night before and the fiancée is dead set on a limo...so we were just wondering if we could get to the port the night before, if it would be worth it to stay at a close hotel that could provide transportation the next day. Or cheap transportation. I def understand that nothing is free when you travel, I was just hoping:)

I'm still trying to figure out the boards sorry for not posting in the right spot!!. We live in eastern PA. No flights or food and def no NYC sight seeing requirements:). We're going on the June 13th cruise on liberty and our wedding is the night before and the fiancée is dead set on a limo...so we were just wondering if we could get to the port the night before, if it would be worth it to stay at a close hotel that could provide transportation the next day. Or cheap transportation. I def understand that nothing is free when you travel, I was just hoping:)

No worries. There is not really a right or wrong spot. I suggested the East Coast departure board because I know there is a lot of information there.

Congratulations on your wedding!:)

Edited by trvlmil

Guest maddycat

Listen to Carol (138east). She is one of the main contributors to the Cruise Critic East Coast Departures board and the Cape Liberty 411 thread on that board. She's very knowledgeable. Click on the link below and post your questions there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2163707

After doing some research on this site, I found a hotel with a Park, Stay, Cruise Package.

Hilton Garden Inn

1100 South Avenue

Staten Island. NY 10314

Phone: (718) 477-2400

We have two queen beds for $229; with taxes/fees, it is $266.28. There is a microwave and fridge. Check in is 3 pm.

It is about 20-25 minutes from the port and the hotel provides a shuttle (you schedule the shuttle with the front desk).

You can cancel the reservation up to 1 day in advance.

Have a great honeymoon!

Judy

How exciting! I am on that cruise. We have to find you a nice place to spend your wedding night. What is your hotel and transportation budget? Could you take accessible public transit and short cab ride to the port the next day with your luggage if it meant staying in a nicer hotel?

One more question - how are you getting home after the cruise?

Edited by 138east

I believe the Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth has a park & shuttle deal.

The new Embassy Suites on Glimcher realty Blvd is now offering the same package, same price. It is a new offering and I have not heard any feedback yet, but I do have a reservation there for on 9/15 Serenade cruise. I hope I hear some feedback before then. I also have a reservation at Carlson Country Inn just in case!

Edited by torpeedo

Aloha,

I just called the Embassy Suites on Glimcher realty Blvd near the EWR and they said that they do not have a shuttle service to the Cape Liberty Cruise port.

A car service would be about $60 from the hotel to the port.

Aloha:D

I called again and spoke with a young lady in guest services. She acknowledged the package and said you need to sign up for the van to the port when you check in. If you have more than 2 people there is an extra charge. Hopefully somebody from cc will do this package and we can get some feedback. I had also spoken with somebody a few days ago who had no idea. :confused:

Below is the information on the PARK RIDE AND CRUISE PACKAGE. You have to go the this hotels website and the is located on the left side of the page as you scroll down. You will see a picture of a ships and click on details and you can book from there. Or call I guess to book. Be sure to book the PARK RIDE AND CRUISE PACKAGE.

The Embassy Suites Newark Airport is located just 11 miles from the Cape Liberty Cruise Port. Our all-suite property will provide the perfect location to start your cruise vacation. Some benefits include complimentary vehicle parking for the duration of your cruise, complimentary airport transportation and roundtrip transportation to Cape Liberty Cruise Port. The Embassy Suites Newark Airport also provides a complimentary breakfast buffet with made to order eggs and omelets along with an evening manager's reception daily.

We're located within walking distance to The Mills at Jersey Gardens, an outlet mall, for any last minute vacation shopping before you sail away. Come start your cruise vacation with all the conveniences of the Embassy Suites Newark Airport!