Private tours from port of Toulon, France, Rome, Florence, Pisa

nerds2go

Has anyone recently (within the past 6 months) used a private tour out of the port of Toulon, France? We will be there next April, 2016. I can only find reviews that are dated 4 -5 years back. I did email a company that was recommended on Trip Adviser, called Toulon Private Tours. They answered my initial email, but have not answered more specific questions that I have asked. I realize that the cruise is 8 months out, but I love to have things planned far in advance. Am I being unreasonable?

I'm having the same problem, trying to secure a private tour from the ship into Rome, and Livorno, to Florence. Rome in Limo answered my initial question, but will not return emails regarding my specific questions.

I'd appreciate any advice or recommendations of other companies.

Wrong board for this, but we loved All Around Italy for both Florence and Rome. Service was great; the minivan was spotless, and our guides were excellent. They're highly recommended on the Italy board which is where we first heard about them.

Has anyone recently (within the past 6 months) used a private tour out of the port of Toulon, France? We will be there next April, 2016. I can only find reviews that are dated 4 -5 years back. I did email a company that was recommended on Trip Adviser, called Toulon Private Tours. They answered my initial email, but have not answered more specific questions that I have asked. I realize that the cruise is 8 months out, but I love to have things planned far in advance. Am I being unreasonable?

I'm having the same problem, trying to secure a private tour from the ship into Rome, and Livorno, to Florence. Rome in Limo answered my initial question, but will not return emails regarding my specific questions.

You have to post your questions under the board where you are going not a general question. There are MANY posts and info re Toulon and Rome under the right board and all are very recent.

• 3 weeks later...

We recently did a tour in the south of France through Tours by Locals. Our terrific guide Michel offers a tour from the Toulon port. (Our port stop was St Tropez so he met us there)

http://www.toursbylocals.com/fromToulonport

The company offers tours world wide (we have booked through them in Asia as well) and you can select the itinerary offered by a local guide. You will communicate directly with your local guide but payment is made to the company.

Pricing is per tour not pp. There is an availability calendar to check for your date as well. If you are just two, post on your roll call and see if others wish to join your tour, making it more affordable for all with the benefit of a small group. Michel's van accommodates eight people. I didn't find the last two people until I met them on the ship! It was not a problem. We also were able to alter the itinerary to add a winery and a stop for lunch. Michel is quite knowledgeable and a pleasant person to spend the day with your group. Communication and confirmation of your booking is prompt.

You have to post your questions under the board where you are going not a general question. There are MANY posts and info re Toulon and Rome under the right board and all are very recent.

I'm still trying to figure CC out. How do you find the boards dedicated to specific ports? Thanks!

I'm still trying to figure CC out. How do you find the boards dedicated to specific ports? Thanks!

There is a sub-forum for Italy ports that you should post for Rome, Livorno, etc.

There is also a sub-forum for Spain, another one for France, and one for all other Mediterranean ports

CC Message Board Forums>Ports of Call>Europe>Mediterranean>Eastern & Western>Italy (e.g.)

Hope this helps:)