Liquor store closest to port

digitalknoll

There are lots of liquor stores downtown selling duty free booze but only one offering cash and carry for on-island consumption, IIRC.

Tortuga Liquors has a location on Fort Street in the Jack and Jill building that has cash and carry. I do not recall whether they sell bagged ice or styrofoam coolers. This is the only such cash and carry within easy walking distance of the port.

Further from town, the Esso gas station (formerly Delworth's, now a Mike's Esso) on North Church Street by the intersection of Eastern Avenue is on the way to the beach and one of the very few gas stations licensed to sell beer in Cayman.

There are a couple larger liquor stores in shopping plazas along West Bay Road on the way to Seven Mile Beach. There is a Blackbeard's in Seven Mile Shops and a Big Daddy's in Buckingham Square.

I thought Tortuga had a store in the shopping area at Royal Walter Terminal where a lot of tenders dock and only a short walk from the northern smaller tender terminal.

I believe this store is duty-free only, which means they will send the alcohol to the ship. You can't buy alcohol there to take to the beach and drink.

I believe this store is duty-free only, which means they will send the alcohol to the ship. You can't buy alcohol there to take to the beach and drink.

Thanks, been a while since I was in GC, but I do recall buying a couple of Caybrews from the store and BIL and I drinking them while waiting for a tender. Of course, everything changes over time.

Thanks, been a while since I was in GC, but I do recall buying a couple of Caybrews from the store and BIL and I drinking them while waiting for a tender. Of course, everything changes over time.

You'd likely still be able to do that. They'll have assumed you were taking them back on the ship. It's just leaving the port enclosure that would be a problem.