new orleans

george35

You'll be about 2-3 blocks from Canal Street, which is the western boundary for the French Quarter. You'll find lots of nightlife, restaurants, shops, Cafe Du Monde, Bourbon Street, etc within the FQ. - lots to do! Walk all the way across the FQ to the eastern boundary and you will find Frenchmen Street where there are lots of great jazz clubs. A totally different experience than Bourbon. I'm not an expert, particularly on the area of your hotel (we usually stay in the FQ) but I think its a quite safe area, especially if you're not out roaming around at 2am - just use the normal precautions & common sense you'd use in any large city.

Hi George & Liz. Camp St is not far from my office. IT's fine during the day, but be aware of your surroundings at night. Same as anywhere in the city.

Did you know there are several Mardi Gras Parades passing 1 block from your hotel? http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/schedule.html

You ought to have a great time. There may be seats still available in the Grand Stand by Gallier Hall, if you want to see the parades and have a place to sit. Hope you have a great time.