NCL Epic- Florence/Tuscany Excursion

Lilystar

Good Afternoon everyone

So I'm not really sure any of you might know this but I thought I'd ask. I am planning to take the Florence/Tuscan winery excursion when docked in Livorno. According to NCL, it starts at 8:00 AM. However, I don't know if that's the time we meet, the time we leave, or simply a ballpark time for the excursion. I am trying to figure out an approximate time we'll be in Florence (which is the first stop) because I'd like to book a time to go to the Accademia. It says we will be in Florence for 3.5 hours, and I know it takes about an hour to get to Florence. But with walking time and traffic and all that I'm just wondering what a realistic time of arrival might be. Hoping someone might have taken this excursion before or perhaps know the timeframe.

Thanks in advance!

Good Afternoon everyone

So I'm not really sure any of you might know this but I thought I'd ask. I am planning to take the Florence/Tuscan winery excursion when docked in Livorno. According to NCL, it starts at 8:00 AM. However, I don't know if that's the time we meet, the time we leave, or simply a ballpark time for the excursion. I am trying to figure out an approximate time we'll be in Florence (which is the first stop) because I'd like to book a time to go to the Accademia. It says we will be in Florence for 3.5 hours, and I know it takes about an hour to get to Florence. But with walking time and traffic and all that I'm just wondering what a realistic time of arrival might be. Hoping someone might have taken this excursion before or perhaps know the timeframe.

Thanks in advance!

I am confused. Are you taking an excursion (winery) or doing it yourself in Florence?

Accademia and David are wonderful and a must see. We booked a time (we were not there on a cruise) for tickets and didn't enter for over half an hour later. The lines are long.

It takes at least two hours to go through the museum. If you are planning to leave an excursion and go it alone, consider how much time you have.

If you go on an excursion that includes Accademia, you will probably be admitted faster than booking it yourself.

Look up your excursion online line and see what length of time it is. Does the tour say how much free time you will have? I think it is longer than an hour to Florence, more like 1 1/2. That doesn't include unusual traffic or whatever. Seems to me a tour and a trip to Accademia would be tight. You would have to order a ticket online and give a time also for the ticket.

Look up your excursion online line and see what length of time it is. Does the tour say how much free time you will have? I think it is longer than an hour to Florence, more like 1 1/2. That doesn't include unusual traffic or whatever. Seems to me a tour and a trip to Accademia would be tight. You would have to order a ticket online and give a time also for the ticket.

I'm sorry what I wrote confused everyone. It's an NCL Excursion that goes to Florence and then to Tuscany/Winery for wine tasting. I'm trying to figure out what timeframe I will be in Florence so that I can pre-book an Accademia ticket. I have no intention of staying in there for 2 hours to see everything though. I'd like to see David and then I'm done. So I'll make my way through.

The tour on NCL says time of start 8:00 AM with the excursion lasting approximately 10 hours. It says the free time in Florence is 3.5 hours and that it goes there first. That is all I know.

I am going to Florence again in Oct and the Accademia. Have seen the reproduction David outside somewhere and am booked to see the "real" David finally. The last time I did not have advance ticket purchase. The line up to buy tickets was too huge to bother. So order before you go.

Good Afternoon everyone

Thanks in advance!

I did this excursion in July. I think it all depends on the traffic what time you arrive. I think we arrived around 9.30. Traffic was held up for us the last section into Florence. I know we had the option to all meet up for lunch at 11.30, however we opted to do our own thing. We probably left at around 12.30. It was a good excursion. I liked the fact we had free time to ourselves in Florence.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I did this excursion in July. I think it all depends on the traffic what time you arrive. I think we arrived around 9.30. Traffic was held up for us the last section into Florence. I know we had the option to all meet up for lunch at 11.30, however we opted to do our own thing. We probably left at around 12.30. It was a good excursion. I liked the fact we had free time to ourselves in Florence.

Great! thanks for the info! Can I ask you how you how the Winery portion was? Did you have a pretty ride through Tuscany? Was the winery in a picturesque area? How was the overall experience?

I was on NCL Epic in June and one of our roll call members organised a fantastic excursion privately with romeinlimo.com. for 8 of us. The group charge was Euros 620 and we paid the guide at the end of the day.

We took the Florence & San Gimignano With Wine Tasting at Torciano with Lunch included.

This was a great day out. We began with a sightseeing tour of Florence and went to the Academia - we had all purchased our tickets in advance for the 11a.m slot - this way we skipped the long queues and were able to get around the building quite quickly. The drive out into the Tuscany countryside was great and the wine tasting lesson and delicious meal was a wonderful experience. Needless to say we were tempted to order some of the wines and the olive oil and balsamic vinegars - ordered were shipped to home addresses and mine arrived about three weeks later.

We travelled in a comfy airconditioned mini bus. Our driver/guide was charming and so knowledgeable.

You can check out this tour on the romeinlimo website and can also find details of the Torciano Winery on line.

It was great day out and would highly recommend this tour.

Good luck with your plans

Suron (in Bristol, UK)

P.S. I have written a review which can be found in the Members Reviews section if you could like information as to which other excursions I took.

I was on NCL Epic in June and one of our roll call members organised a fantastic excursion privately with romeinlimo.com. for 8 of us. The group charge was Euros 620 and we paid the guide at the end of the day.

We took the Florence & San Gimignano With Wine Tasting at Torciano with Lunch included.

This was a great day out. We began with a sightseeing tour of Florence and went to the Academia - we had all purchased our tickets in advance for the 11a.m slot - this way we skipped the long queues and were able to get around the building quite quickly. The drive out into the Tuscany countryside was great and the wine tasting lesson and delicious meal was a wonderful experience. Needless to say we were tempted to order some of the wines and the olive oil and balsamic vinegars - ordered were shipped to home addresses and mine arrived about three weeks later.

We travelled in a comfy airconditioned mini bus. Our driver/guide was charming and so knowledgeable.

You can check out this tour on the romeinlimo website and can also find details of the Torciano Winery on line.

It was great day out and would highly recommend this tour.

I would like nothing better than to arrange a tour like this and actually tried....but there wasn't anyone on my roll call interested in tour sharing. I did however get enough people together to use romeinlimo for the Naples port.