Golden Aft Oceanviews

Nāmaka

I just checked my personalizer and I see I have been upgraded from an OV guarantee to an OE guarantee. :confused:

I checked the deck plan for the Golden, and I see there are only 4 OE cabins, A746, 747, 748 & 749.

Does anyone have info on these cabins? Good? :) Bad? :(

Thanks

OV is an obstructed view cabin. OE is a porthole cabin (no obstruction but small porthole window). Since you have a guarantee OE that does not necessarily mean you will get one of those cabins. In all likelihood, you will not get one of those cabins since there are only four of them. It means that you will be at least assigned to that category of cabin OR a higher grade of cabin. You will not be assigned to a lower graded cabin. You will have to wait to see your actual cabin assignment.

Edited by Princess Patches

I just checked my personalizer and I see I have been upgraded from an OV guarantee to an OE guarantee. :confused:

I checked the deck plan for the Golden' date=' and I see there are only 4 OE cabins, A746, 747, 748 & 749.

Does anyone have info on these cabins? Good? :) Bad? :(

[/color']

We have been in an equivalent cabin on another Princess ship.

Same size as other OV cabins, but no noise from the hallway and easy access to the Terrace pool and a close stairway outside to the buffet.

I had one of those very few OEs on the Caribbean Princess in August and loved it. There were 2 portholes, side by side, in my cabin, which was great for having natural light in the daytime. I was in R749, which was the closest one to the door going out to the Terrace pool on the starboard side. No noise issues from the door being closed. Excellent for convenience for getting to the Horizon Court for my morning coffee that I would take to one of the tables outside the HC to enjoy sunrise. I would not hesitate to book one of those OE cabins again.

Edited by flamomo

We have been in an equivalent cabin on another Princess ship.

Same size as other OV cabins, but no noise from the hallway and easy access to the Terrace pool and a close stairway outside to the buffet.

I had one of those very few OEs on the Caribbean Princess in August and loved it. There were 2 portholes, side by side, in my cabin, which was great for having natural light in the daytime. I was in R749, which was the closest one to the door going out to the Terrace pool on the starboard side. No noise issues from the door being closed. Excellent for convenience for getting to the Horizon Court for my morning coffee that I would take to one of the tables outside the HC to enjoy sunrise. I would not hesitate to book one of those OE cabins again.

Thanks for the responses. Was the bed under the portholes or on a side wall?

Can you see out the portholes? :eek: