Carnival Stockholders meeting

Salacia

Many Aussies have their requisite 100 carnival shares. So we keep checking the prices. It wasn't that many weeks ago that CCL was doing quite well. Its only in the last few weeks they've become rocky again.

Just received an email from Carnival Australia that obc had been applied to my next cruise next month on Princess.

• 2 weeks later...

The salary and compensation package for the new CCL President and CEO, Arnold Donald has been filed. See http://www.4-traders.com/CARNIVAL-CORPORATION-12003/news/Carnival-Corporation--Carnival-Files-8K-Changes-Executive-Management-17375518/

Having read several threads where the salary and compensation for crew members was discussed, I thought Mr. Donald's salary should be subject to the same standard/discussion. -S.

Edited by Salacia

The salary and compensation package for the new CCL President and CEO, Arnold Donald has been filed. See http://www.4-traders.com/CARNIVAL-CORPORATION-12003/news/Carnival-Corporation--Carnival-Files-8K-Changes-Executive-Management-17375518/

Having read several threads where the salary and compensation for crew members was discussed, I thought Mr. Donald's salary should be subject to the same standard/discussion. -S.

Well I won't be tipping him.

Well I won't be tipping him.

Whitemarsh,

Laughing so hard my sides ache.....thanks for the laugh!

Read the article twice and still trying to get my head around all those '000000's' following the numbers with value.:eek:

best regards,

seasidegal

• 5 months later...
For those interested:

Carnival Corporation & plc Annual Shareholder Meeting

Thursday, April 17, 2014 8:00 a.m. ET

Four Seasons Hotel

57 East 57th Street

New York, NY, 10022 US

Webcast available here:

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-EventDetails&EventId=5100467

This is the first time in my memory that they have had the meeting outside of the Miami area or Southampton. (Maybe they had one in London, not sure.) Any idea why New York for this year's meeting?

This is the first time in my memory that they have had the meeting outside of the Miami area or Southampton. (Maybe they had one in London, not sure.) Any idea why New York for this year's meeting?

Here's one theory:

"Corporate secretaries take note: Two academic researchers have found a relationship between stock performance and the location of annual meetings.

New research from New York University and Temple University suggests that companies holding their annual meetings far from home tend to post a six-month stock performance that trails other companies by anywhere from 3% to nearly 12% and to post weak results in their next quarterly earnings reports.

The conclusion: A distant meeting suggests management or the board would rather avoid awkward questions".

The article continues to say "...Companies offer many reasons for holding their meetings away from home...Cruise-ship giant Carnival Corp. based in Miami, holds its annual meetings in New York City, close to many of its investors, a spokesman says."

"...Moving the meeting may be part of a strategy to reduce attendance or forestall questioning from audience members, so that the chance is reduced for questions or confrontations,” the paper said." copied from http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intelligence/2014/03/24/how-stock-price-relates-to-annual-meetings-location-location-location/

Interestingly, the Carnival spokesman was mistaken about where the annual meetings have been held in the past few years.

Edited by Salacia

I hope they will announce a further extension of the shareholder benefit and a dividend increase.

I purchased 100 shares in the summer of 2012. Since then my return in market growth has been 21% and my return in OBC has been 24%. Not a bad investment. :);)

I hope they will announce a further extension of the shareholder benefit and a dividend increase.

I purchased 100 shares in the summer of 2012. Since then my return in market growth has been 21% and my return in OBC has been 24%. Not a bad investment. :);)

Yes, the shareholder benefit has been extended for reservations made by Feb. 28, 2015, applicable for sailings through July 31, 2015.

SEFlyer, you're welcome.

BTW, the dividend was just announced: "Carnival Corporation & plc (NYSE/LSE: CCL; NYSE: CUK) has announced that it has declared a dividend of $0.25 per share.

The company's board of directors approved a record date for the quarterly dividend of May 23, 2014, and a payment date of June 13, 2014..." copied from http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation--plc-declares-dividend-256169421.html