Luggage Valet

pxy cda

Has anyone had recent experience with Celebrity Luggage Valet at end of cruise in San Juan? Is this option still offered?

We are hoping to spend some time in OSJ prior to heading to the airport for our 340pm flight.

We don't want the hassle of leaving them at Barrichinas (as they don't open until late am and we will be in port early).

We have used the luggage valet service on several of our cruises, although, never in San Juan. We think it is the only way to go!!!! You put your luggage out at night and the next time you see it is when you get to your home airport. It is easy and convenient. When you disembark you just go through customs without having to worry about picking up your luggage.

I loved using luggage valet but on our last cruise this past March, we had not seen any info about it, asked the concierge who said for they had had a huge problem with it and were not recommending it at that time, she said several weeks in a row they had had a problem. She too, was hoping to would be resolved, we were so disappointed and hoping they are using it again for our next trip.BTW this was out of Miami so I am not sure if it was fleet wide or just outmof MIA

I have cruised both Celebrity and RC out of San Juan and Luggage Valet was not offered. In San Juan your luggage has to go through an Agricultural Inspection machine before you even go to check in.

These machines are in the lobby right after you go through the exterior doors. They put a tag on your suitcase and if you don't have the tag when you check in you will have to go back and get it done.

I have cruised both Celebrity and RC out of San Juan and Luggage Valet was not offered. In San Juan your luggage has to go through an Agricultural Inspection machine before you even go to check in.

These machines are in the lobby right after you go through the exterior doors. They put a tag on your suitcase and if you don't have the tag when you check in you will have to go back and get it done.

Thanks Nat,

I remember a few years ago people checking their luggage at the port (they may have had the agri there - don't know). Was hoping to be bag free.

Oh well - guess I can ask on board