drink package daily limitations

soaknitup

I was watching the fares for the last few weeks on a round trip cruise out of Sydney for next year that had peaked my interest. I had my fingers crossed that it was going to fall into the sip and sail promo dates and come Tuesday morning, I checked and there was the offer. There was no subsequent fare increase, so Oz, here I come! ;)

I can't say the same for the MR cruise that I was tracking for Thanksgiving 2018. A few days before S+S came into effect, the fares went up by a few hundred bucks each. :( On the plus side, the MR cruise that I'm taking for this Thanksgiving did come down by around $200 for the cabin, so I was able to get it re-fared whilst I was booking the Aussie cruise.

Since its inception (I was on cruise number 2 for the Star over to HI over Christmas and New Year) we've always opted for the AIB package for the cruise whether we have to pay for it, or whether under the S+S. Cruising is just so much more relaxing not having to bother about the cabin bill. We always opt for AI hotels on our land vacations for the same reason, though some people on those vacations will drink more in a day, than we probably would for the entire week. ;)

As for the daily alcohol limit, the only time that I've probably exceeded that was New Year on the Star HI trip. We started in earnest around 1PM in Skywalkers as it was midnight in the UK and the officers put on the TVs there so we could watch Big Ben and the London fireworks. We also celebrated at midnight EST, CST, MST, PST and eventually midnight ship's time! ;) I think we got to bed about 3AM. It probably wasn't helped by the fact that 6 out of the 8 at our dinner table had bought the AIB ;)

We had 2 more days at sea on the way home, so plenty of time to sleep it off!

Sounds like a great New Year's Eve!! We did a Panama Canal

Cruise in 2015 over NYE and it was just AWFUL! We would of had more fun banging pots and pans at home[emoji322][emoji322] the cruise director was scrambling and people were ready to party but it was an epic fail!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums