NWA/KLM Restrictions

texrose

I am flying from Houston to Amsterdam, Amsterdam to Barcelona for a NCL cruise on 9/3. The Houston to Amsterdam flight shows as a Northwest flight "operated by KLM". Amsterdam to Barcelona is a KLM flight. It is enough I have to worry about any impact on the first flight due to the possible NWA flight attendant strike, but now I am confused about what I can actually carry on. The NWA site doesn't mention any electronic restrictions at all, the KLM site says that NWA and KLM are observing the following restrictions for flights "to and from the US" which includes not allowing the electronic key fob on your car keys. If they are going to restrict this type of "electronic", will they allow digital cameras and cell phones?? The TSA site says carmeras and cell phones are allowed but must go through the security scanner "out of the case". I really don't want to check either my camera or my phone simply because I have heard so many stories about these items being missing from your bags once you reach your destination. Anyone had any problems with cell phones or cameras on NWA or KLM flights?

Check it once more on www.klm.com.

On the dutch KLM site it says cameras etc. are allowed as are also normal "carry-ons".

Liquids, cremes etc.in checked luggage only.

Only for travel to/ from /through the UK different rules apply.

Archived