Vegetarian dishes on Carnival photos

RoyalVisit

Just returned from the Carnival Glory January 23rd sailing and I thought I would post a few photos of some of the vegetarian dishes we had. I forgot to take some of them before we started eating!

My favourite was the Root Vegetable Pie in a pastry crust (no photo). The worst dish was the Baked Vegetable Princess which was a cheesy pastry dish in with frozen and undercooked peas, cauliflower and carrots (no photo).

The featured Indian, appears on the menu nightly but the selections change slightly each night.

1454543150528.jpg.77f187615df30e314358a6f6236eae46.jpg

1454543181819.jpg.bc7ba843a8591534dff8bf06fa14fcdb.jpg

I should have taken a photo of the veggie burger at Guy's Burgers which is not on the menu so you have to ask for it and it takes about 10 minutes but is definitely worth the wait..greasy but delicious...had four of them over the 10 night cruise.

I also eat dairy so I was able to enjoy many of the desserts. The key lime cheesecake and the key lime mousse were my favourites and while the pie on the menu changed nightly, they were awful, particularly awful was the pumpkin which was tasteless and didn't taste like pumpkin at all.

Just returned from the Carnival Glory January 23rd sailing and I thought I would post a few photos of some of the vegetarian dishes we had. I forgot to take some of them before we started eating!

My favourite was the Root Vegetable Pie in a pastry crust (no photo). The worst dish was the Baked Vegetable Princess which was a cheesy pastry dish in with frozen and undercooked peas, cauliflower and carrots (no photo).

The featured Indian, appears on the menu nightly but the selections change slightly each night.

Do you remember if you had the traditional menu or the new American Table menu?

Do you remember if you had the traditional menu or the new American Table menu?

New American Table Menu I believe. Each night we had two vegetarian main options, one of them was always the featured Indian. Sample menu from one of the elegant nights...we had 3 in 10 nights...too many in my opinion.

1454547165165.jpg.f5a3f31e5a8e4d5de5d2d87b3dea88ca.jpg

A couple questions, does the menu state that the soups are vegetarian? A lot of vegetable soups are made with beef or chicken base. Does Guys have the veggie burger on the menu? I know the grill used to offer them. When I was on the Pride last May, Guys didn't offer a veggie burger. I made due with a bun with melted cheese & toppings. It was good, but really missed having a veggie burger option. Thanks!

A couple questions, does the menu state that the soups are vegetarian? A lot of vegetable soups are made with beef or chicken base. Does Guys have the veggie burger on the menu? I know the grill used to offer them. When I was on the Pride last May, Guys didn't offer a veggie burger. I made due with a bun with melted cheese & toppings. It was good, but really missed having a veggie burger option. Thanks!

For the soups - no, I don't think they did specify they were vegetarian but I could be wrong.

The veggie burger is not on the menu, you have to ask for it and it takes about 10 minutes for them to get it ready. Sometimes you have to make a point about it but the servers on the Glory were excellent and always delivered. The cheese is optional of course, served with fries, and they have the toppings bar for you to add as you please. I believe it is made with chickpeas/rice but I could be wrong!

Thanks for the info on the veggie burger at Guy's. Last time I was on a ship with a Guy's Burgers it was the Liberty just a few months after they did the 2.0 upgrades. They did not have them then, and it was kind of disappointing that they did not offer them. When I asked about it they said that they had no plans to offer them at that time. Glad to know that they reversed that decision. :D On the other hand, the vegetarian options at the Blue Iguana Cantina were very nice, and plentiful. So that helped to make up for it. :)

On our Wedding Cruise one of our guests was Vegan and another has Celiac. Each evening the M'aitre D or other staff member would visit the table with a special menu for them to pre select dinner for the next day. Carnival really made a point of making them feel included in the dinner experience. Their selections were always delicious looking.

thank you for posting this photos. We dont often see photos of the vegetarian options on the menu. I am not vegetarian, but dont eat much meat, so I am more likely than not to order the vegetarian option. I have not yet been on a ship with the American table menu, but it looks like many of the vegetarian dishes are carried over from the old menu. I agree about the indian vegetarian food. The dish changes each night, and some are more spicy than others.

For the soups - no, I don't think they did specify they were vegetarian but I could be wrong.

The veggie burger is not on the menu, you have to ask for it and it takes about 10 minutes for them to get it ready. Sometimes you have to make a point about it but the servers on the Glory were excellent and always delivered. The cheese is optional of course, served with fries, and they have the toppings bar for you to add as you please. I believe it is made with chickpeas/rice but I could be wrong!

Thanks for the info. I've asked about those soups on previous cruises and they weren't vegetarian. I was hoping something had changed. Darn! :p

Thanks for posting all this! We have several vegetarians and partial vegetarians in our large party on next week's Carnival Freedom cruise. I know every ship is different, but good to know a bit about Carnival's approach to vegetarian food. I hope the Freedom's Guy's Burger joint has a veggie burger, too.