British Isles Cruise

The stops are Holyheads, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Dublin, Belfast, Kirkwall (Orkney Islands), LeHarve (France).

Now I got a lead on a tour in Wales (holyheads) called Busy Bus sounds good.

I'm debating on two taxi firms in Belfast to show me the city sites.

any other private tour that anyone knows who are reputable to take would be great.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
The stops are Holyheads, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Dublin, Belfast, Kirkwall (Orkney Islands), LeHarve (France).

Now I got a lead on a tour in Wales (holyheads) called Busy Bus sounds good.

I'm debating on two taxi firms in Belfast to show me the city sites.

any other private tour that anyone knows who are reputable to take would be great.

Thanks

Allens Belfast bus tours, these are open topped double deckers which are ho-ho

Hi

Holyhead is in Anglesey, a small island to the north of mainland Wales. A beautiful place and you can go round the entire island in a day.

Dublin have 2 ho ho bus companies, any is fine and suggest you stop off at the Guinness brewery for a tour and go upto the gravity bar at the top that gives a full 360 degree view of the city. Tickets are cheaper online if booked ahead.

Edinburgh, once in the. City it's an easy walk around, upto the castle and own onto princess street the long thoroughfare through the centre with shops on one side and gardens on the other.

Hope some of that helps.

I did a tour with Mini Coach out of Belfast. They picked us up at the pier and had us off before the cruise ship coaches took off. We made a stop at Carrickfergus to see the Carrickfergus Castle, then we drove down the Antrim Coast. There was a picture stop to see the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. We were given 1.5 hours at Giant's Causway, then we made a stop at the Old Bushmills Distillery. Then we drove back into Belfast and did a driving tour of Belfast to see the Troubles and the famous Shankhill and Falls Roads.

Dublin is easy to do on your own once you are in the city center. The HOHO bus is a great option. Do a tour of Trinity College and see the Book of Kells, the school is terrific and the guides are students and the Book of Kells is fascinating.

What are the option for getting to the city in Edinburgh? Do the ships provide shuttle service?

Thanks

I assume your ship stops in South Queensferry for Edinburgh?

You can take a train from South Queensferry to Edinburgh (Waverly) train station. From there, you can walk to the Royal Mile (about a 6-8 minute walk). When you get to the pier in South Queensferry, its a 12-15 minute walk (uphill, but not terrible) to the train station overhead. Easy to do on your own.

This was the highlight of our British Iles cruise.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g186470-d1561281-r84830538-Titanic_Tours_Belfast-Belfast_Northern_Ireland.html

She tailors the tour to your wants. Don't miss the new Titanic museum that just opened. The building itself is spectacular. We loved Belfast. We also went to West Belfast with Susie. She covered the strife for Tv and her insights were most valuable.

Archived