Shore walk, Bar Harbor & Marginal Way, Oqunquit - wheelchair friendly?

SandG

We love walking by the shore and plan to do so in Bar Harbor. We are also renting a car in Portland to drive to Ogunquit, which is where my family vacationed when I was a child, and talking about walking the Marginal Way there. My MIL will be traveling with us and although she can walk short distances, we are bringing a wheelchair on the cruise for long walks through port towns.

Do any of you know if either of these shore walks would be doable with a wheelchair? I'm sure she would love the vistas from either.

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

Maam,

With your Mum she has a great caring daughter in you.

Your family are Mainers too?

The walk as SailBadtheSinner said is sush a truism.

The Motto of the Boy Scouts is always at hand also.

(( Be Prepared ))

You are going to have a great time and those wondeful childhood memories will be coming back in real life and time for you and your family shared. Thats the best Mutual Benefit..eh!

May you have a wonderful time on that older ship in ME!

:cool:

We love walking by the shore and plan to do so in Bar Harbor. We are also renting a car in Portland to drive to Ogunquit, which is where my family vacationed when I was a child, and talking about walking the Marginal Way there. My MIL will be traveling with us and although she can walk short distances, we are bringing a wheelchair on the cruise for long walks through port towns.

Do any of you know if either of these shore walks would be doable with a wheelchair? I'm sure she would love the vistas from either.

Sue

Archived