Celebration comedian - George King

I'm not a prude in any way BUT did anyone find this comedian offensive. He said that he wouldn't swear and that his act was suitable for children but then went on for 45 minutes about "gardening". For those who saw it you will know what he meant. Unfortunately so did all the kids watching. I didn't lower myself to go to his late night show. This is meant to be a family cruise and I didn't expect cheap smut. I'll never look at my privet hedge in the same way again. :eek:

I'm not a prude in any way BUT did anyone find this comedian offensive. He said that he wouldn't swear and that his act was suitable for children but then went on for 45 minutes about "gardening". For those who saw it you will know what he meant. Unfortunately so did all the kids watching. I didn't lower myself to go to his late night show. This is meant to be a family cruise and I didn't expect cheap smut. I'll never look at my privet hedge in the same way again. :eek:

To be fair, I would expect the "early" show to be edgy but at the same time child friendly. I would expect it to hint of what is to come in the late night show but certainly not make inappropriate jokes in front of the children.

I would expect, and indeed hope, that the “late night show” is indeed that, an adult event.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought the show was hilarious! He didn't say anything dodgy, it was all in the mind. If the children understood what he was saying, it makes you wonder why!

The biggest disappointment is that after all these years he is still doing an identical show with the same gardening "joke" - time for some new comedians on the panel for the cruises if you ask me.

I've never seen him before, and didn't realise he was a returner. I saw one last year - cant remember his name - think it was on the Spirit, that I had seen 3 times. Same jokes too. I could prompt him!

Obviously Thomson do this all the time. Stupid, as they would expect cruisers to go on different ships, and if the comedians are just moving from ship to ship, people are bound to have seen him before.

There are a number of repeat comedians including Maurice Grumbleweed and George King to name just two who frequently appear. Others make less frequent visits such as Carl Schofield, Fogwell Flax etc. There are more comedians out there so it should be easy to vary it more for repeat passengers. What is the case is that many are repeating the same show year in year out - it would be ok if they changed the act but most don't.

I have not encountered George King, I found Maurice Grumbleweed to be completely unfunny. Phil Doyle isn't too bad and Fogwell Flax is my favourite of all. But even the unfunny Maurice Grumbleweed is still preferable to the obnoxious and racist Paul Eastwood. I will never go to one of his shows again.

We have just done the Transatlantic crossing on Dream with "comedian" Andy Ford. He is the worst we have ever seen - embarrassingly so. I'm not sure if he left the ship before the end of the cruise (nobody else did so odd if he did) or if he just didn't feel he could perform again but he didn't appear in the end of cruise show. I'd never seen an act die on stage until Andy Ford.

Carl Schofield is the best we've seen. I would pay to see him and would love to see him again.

The only other one I would comment on is Maurice Grumblweed, who is quite inoffensive but unfortunately for us dated, not funny and one we wouldn't attend again. Time for a change, Thomson.

Carl Schofield is the best we've seen. I would pay to see him and would love to see him again.

The only other one I would comment on is Maurice Grumblweed, who is quite inoffensive but unfortunately for us dated, not funny and one we wouldn't attend again. Time for a change, Thomson.

I would agree. Carl was very funny, thought on his feet and made his show seem fresh and relevant to our cruise although I guess there is some similarity/repetition if we were to see him again. (We had seen him before but did enjoy a repeat show.)

Maurice Grumbleweed on the other hand we found dire. Same old, same old and as HT says a frequent performer on Thomson therefore as regular cruisers it's a bit of a disappointment to find he's the guest act - again. I wouldn't mind so much if such a significant part of his act didn't revolve around calling out places in the UK, referring to venues there where he's played - why? Of no interest other than to try to connect with the audience and fill up some time. As though living in...... wherever and naming a local club will make us overlook a boring show. I guess others may enjoy his act but it's not for us.

The magician was good (sorry can't remember his name) and he did an excellent lecture on magic too which was much enjoyed by those who attended. A very talented performer.

My all time favourite was Kev Orkian if anyone remembers him. I have never laughed so much - it was a rib-aching, tears running down the face show. I'll never forget that one. Pity we don't see him now. We chatted to him when he was on board (Destiny Caribbean?) and we were talking of the TV talent shows. He said he'd never do them but we did see him a few years later on BGT. He got through the first round but sadly his act is like a story and didn't translate well to a 2 minute slot on TV. I'd love to see him again.

We have just done the Transatlantic crossing on Dream with "comedian" Andy Ford. He is the worst we have ever seen - embarrassingly so. I'm not sure if he left the ship before the end of the cruise (nobody else did so odd if he did) or if he just didn't feel he could perform again but he didn't appear in the end of cruise show. I'd never seen an act die on stage until Andy Ford.

It's not unusual for the guest act to only be onboard for a few days then get a flight back so they can do another gig.

Kruz, The Magician is called Andre, and I think he is one of the best guest performers I have seen on a Thomson ship, a really good balance of humour and magic.

Phil Doyle is a good act, he is also a good sort, mixing with the guests and getting up singing with muzzik unlimited at the late night set.

Yes, Kruzseeka, the magician/comedian was very good. A word of warning, don't sit in the front row or you may find yourself on the stage like I did :o It was all good fun though.

I didn't mention him because I couldn't remember his name either ;)

Seen this imposter when i was on Ventura quite probably the worst "comedian" it has been my misfortune to ever lay eyes on , dreadfully unfunny , resorting to doing daft faces and funny walks , what worried me more was that there were a handful of people were in stitches watching him , however i couldn't stand to watch him for the full 45 mins he was on stage and left after about 25 mins , as did numerous others - i have since read his website which tells us he is one of the top 10 comedians in the UK - there are 10 better comedians at my local !!!

Defo the worst act it has my been my misfortune to see anywhere !!!

Yes, we managed about 25 mins too Iain before we got up to leave. Unfortunately Andy Ford was so desperate not to lose any more of his audience he jumped down off the stage and physically tried to stop us leaving (grabbed my hubs by the arm). That didn't go down too well I can tell you!!!

Yes, we managed about 25 mins too Iain before we got up to leave. Unfortunately Andy Ford was so desperate not to lose any more of his audience he jumped down off the stage and physically tried to stop us leaving (grabbed my hubs by the arm). That didn't go down too well I can tell you!!!

If he'd had done that to me i'd have probably been put off the ship !! :p

Yes, Kruzseeka, the magician/comedian was very good. A word of warning, don't sit in the front row or you may find yourself on the stage like I did :o It was all good fun though.

I didn't mention him because I couldn't remember his name either ;)

You got there first. I've just said that on another thread!

I hate Grumbleweed and we keep falling for him, Phil Doyle is good but not seen him for a few years. Foggy was very good and we saw Bernie Flint a couple of time on the Celebration a few years ago he was very funny. Did a sketch about turning into his dad both me and my daughter through that of here dad.