Hair dryer...

bethcooks4u

So, I understand that there is a hairdryer in the rooms. Is it full sized or a mini like in many hotels? Also do we per chance get to keep the robes and slippers? Would we even want to? as far as the toiletries... are they in little bottles or what? Just checking for last minute needs as far as packing. TIA

Don't know about the slippers, my bet would be they wouldn't be missed. But not the robes--they certainly aren't for taking home, although you can buy one to bring home if you like them. They are that nice waffle cotton, lightweight for the cklimate.

I remember the dryers being adequate, large than the little minis in some hotels. Not as powerful as most we have at home.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Hey Beth,

No beautifying yourself TOO much......us frizzies don't need any additional hot air near our heads !!!:rolleyes:

Hahaha no worries there. No matter what I do there won't be any beauty contests won here. lol ...just trying to be presentable some of the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Bethcooks,

The hairdryers in the rooms were of average size (not the mini ones but not the large ones either). There were 2 settings for hot air but no cool air button.

The toiletries were L'Occitane (verbena scent) in small bottles (shower gel, shampoo, conditioner and body lotion) and small bar of soaps. You also got Q-tips and shower cap.

As for robes and slippers, there's a note in the binder on the ship info stating that if they are not in the room upon departure, the credit card will be charged. Our robes were taken from our room by a maid a day before disembarkation. Anna

• 3 years later...
Bethcooks,

You also got Q-tips and shower cap.

As for robes and slippers, there's a note in the binder on the ship info stating that if they are not in the room upon departure, the credit card will be charged. Our robes were taken from our room by a maid a day before disembarkation. Anna

Are q-tips (cotton swaps) still provided for in the cabins? (I just called PG customer service and they told me no.)

Why would they care about the used slippers? I certainly hope they don't clean and reuse them for the next guest!

The slippers are new and are found in the wardrobe. The toiletries are wonderful and in fact we now purchase the shampoo and shower gel for our home use. I have thick hair and found the hairdryers adequate although not as great as my new home one.

Relax, you will have a wonderful time.