Review of Harrisons's Cave on our own

queenL

We decided to visit Harrison’s Caves. We visited it may years ago before kids and wanted to take our children. We found a taxi that was taking several other people to the caves for $20pp (no charge for my kids). We had to wait around for about 20 minutes to find enough people going. The taxi driver said that most cruisers who go to the caves have already departed. So a note to future cruisers if you plan to do this you may want to get off as soon as the ship docks. It was about a 30 minute drive to the caves. We showed up with no reservations and were able to quickly reserve spaces for the tram tour departing 20 minutes later. I think it was about $30 US and half that for the kids. The tram tour lasted about 40 minutes and it was very nice. The tram stopped twice so that we could get off and take photos. My kids learned a lot about the “stag-tites” as my 4yr old says. The taxi driver was there waiting for our group and took us back. We had plenty of time leftover when we returned to the pier, however, the stores were closed because it was Sunday. Keep that in mind if you are visiting then.